GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you guys think of these two EQT spark plugs?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I got this extra set of spark plugs from EQT when I picked up my car, they are supposed to be NGK iridium 2 heat ranges colder than stock.

but when I pull the old plugs out of the car (NGK R7437-9), which EQT installed when they did the last tune, they look very much different than these other ones (R7438-9) I got from them?

should I install these new R7438-9 spark plugs or are they too weird and recessed? anyone else on here using these NGK recessed and angled ground strap plugs?

I've never used recessed plugs like this with angled/flat ground strap like this

Attachments

• 20201024_141445.jpg
    20201024_141445.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 429
  • 20201024_141455.jpg
    20201024_141455.jpg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 20201024_141424.jpg
    20201024_141424.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
  • 20201024_141432.jpg
    20201024_141432.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 826
Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
NGK is back ordered on the 7437 and are recommending the 7438 as replacements.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I got this extra set of spark plugs from EQT when I picked up my car, they are supposed to be NGK iridium 2 heat ranges colder than stock.

but when I pull the old plugs out of the car (NGK R7437-9), which EQT installed when they did the last tune, they look very much different than these other ones (R7438-9) I got from them?

should I install these new R7438-9 spark plugs or are they too weird and recessed? anyone else on here using these NGK recessed and angled ground strap plugs?

I've never used recessed plugs like this with angled/flat ground strap like this

No experience with recessed plugs either. Is that Torco on the used plugs?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
yeah, these plugs actually have 15k miles on them and was recently chasing a strange knock i was getting so this last tank had a lot of torco unleaded in it to rule out any octane questions, and then tons of torco over that timeframe.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Wow, they look as if something Frank Lloyd Wright would have rocked. I’ve never seen anything like that.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
i put them in the car and so far so good. the old plugs looked pretty bad but so far the part throttle response seems better with these Frank Lloyd Wright plugs than the original EQT installed plugs, maybe just because they are new and fresh plugs or maybe because of their alien design

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yep... same plug basically just projected vs non projected style. Non projected are normally used in racing or extreme scenarios. EQT seems to like them now and say as long as you get on it regularly.. they won't foul up super fast.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Yep... same plug basically just projected vs non projected style. Non projected are normally used in racing or extreme scenarios. EQT seems to like them now and say as long as you get on it regularly.. they won't foul up super fast.

thanks, that's good to know. Now i have one more reason to beat on my car all the time haha