GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do I have? Mk7 or 7.5?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Also the mk7.5 has a full glass style touchscreen like an iPad. The mk 7 has physical plastic buttons on the side of the screen. Here is the review of my car to compare if you need to?

What you state is NOT a 100% guarantee that the car is Mk7 or MK7.5...

Many Mk7 have had the later MIB units retro-fitted...& many with the later (optional) AID dash display also.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
After deciding to get an obdeleven device I read where an individual had a 2017 vw and selected the wrong group. Apparently obdeleven has two options for the alltrack 2017/older and 2017/newer…. I presume the newer would be considered a mk7.5?

How would I know what vehicle I have?
I know…
it is a 2017 alltrack se…..
the transmission came from Germany and the engine is of Mexican nationality (per the window sticker).
If it’s a 2017, it’s a MK7. If it’s a 2018-2019, it’s a 7.5.

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
Thank you all for the input. I love this site and the wealth of info/experience. Now for my next ridiculous question ……… on oil changes … coming soon

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Just ask in this thread, we’ve all done em.

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
10K mile OCI / 5W-40 / VW 502 spec.

All you need to know.
Oh I can always come up with more questions and beat a subject to death.
specifically on the filter… I have watched several videos and they all refer to two types of (what I assume are) anti drain back devices. One snaps into the filter housing and the other just sits in the engine. Many of the videos talk about replacing o rings on these parts too or just replacing the whole unit. Do I need to go this far and replace these too? The filter I bought comes with one big o ring for the filter housing.
I am very tempted to crack open the filter housing early just to see what is in there and just reassemble it until the oil change.

on a good note… Santa brought me one of those vacuum oil changers so I don’t have to roll around on the freezing concrete.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Oh I can always come up with more questions and beat a subject to death.
specifically on the filter… I have watched several videos and they all refer to two types of (what I assume are) anti drain back devices. One snaps into the filter housing and the other just sits in the engine. Many of the videos talk about replacing o rings on these parts too or just replacing the whole unit. Do I need to go this far and replace these too? The filter I bought comes with one big o ring for the filter housing.
I am very tempted to crack open the filter housing early just to see what is in there and just reassemble it until the oil change.

on a good note… Santa brought me one of those vacuum oil changers so I don’t have to roll around on the freezing concrete.
not sure what drain back devices you're referring to but this is literally all you need for the filter. You don't NEED to swap over the o ring but the kit already comes with one so there's no reason not to.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vw-audi-oil-filter-a4-a6-q5-q7-mann-06l115562

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I don’t know how it is on the alltrack but for the gti part of the way through the 2017 model year they switched one of the Modular’s and used the newer version from then on my first 17 gti when I go into central electronics one adaptation was access control on the newer modular it changed to zv control and there others little things like that. That might be why it asked which one you had but as far as I know any obd11 should work

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Also, I’d change at 7K if I were you, with Liquimoly, Motul (#1 imo) or some other full synthetic; Some brands that claim aren’t 100%

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
Also, I’d change at 7K if I were you, with Liquimoly, Motul (#1 imo) or some other full synthetic; Some brands that claim aren’t 100%
I was thinking closer to 5000 as I have no idea what the non VW dealership that sold it to me put in it. They already lied to me about a new oil pan. Could be log cabin syrup for all I know.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
At that rate I’d change it right now! Cheap insurance / peace of mind IMO.
Agreed. Regarding the Motul, it runs at the lowest oil temps during the summer I’ve seen compared to LiquiMoly and Castrol. And flush the coolant if you can, they could’ve put asian car stuff in; Same color

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
Bucket list is to flush/replace all fluids by spring (warmer weather). I am slowly accruing them, watching for sales and deals online. Funding has taken a large hit recently with Xmas and a family medical procedure. The OBDeleven device might have to wait until later.
Can I flush the brake fluid with out it‘s assistance (gravity and cracking bleeder screws)?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Bucket list is to flush/replace all fluids by spring (warmer weather). I am slowly accruing them, watching for sales and deals online. Funding has taken a large hit recently with Xmas and a family medical procedure. The OBDeleven device might have to wait until later.
Can I flush the brake fluid with out it‘s assistance (gravity and cracking bleeder screws)?
You don't need ODBeleven to flush the brake fluid.