GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do I have? Mk7 or 7.5?

Sc0oter

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 alltrack se
After deciding to get an obdeleven device I read where an individual had a 2017 vw and selected the wrong group. Apparently obdeleven has two options for the alltrack 2017/older and 2017/newer…. I presume the newer would be considered a mk7.5?

How would I know what vehicle I have?
I know…
it is a 2017 alltrack se…..
the transmission came from Germany and the engine is of Mexican nationality (per the window sticker).

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Look at the headlights. If the lights make horseshoes it’s a 7. If it has the Corolla L style, it’s a 7.5. If they’re halogen you’re plain SOL

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Mk7.5 was from 2018 up

Easy way to distinguish is the taillights (assuming they're not aftermarket).

You can see mk7 on the left 7.5 on the right

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 4,392

SamBrooksbank

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf
Also the mk7.5 has a full glass style touchscreen like an iPad. The mk 7 has physical plastic buttons on the side of the screen. Here is the review of my car to compare if you need to?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Also the mk7.5 has a full glass style touchscreen like an iPad. The mk 7 has physical plastic buttons on the side of the screen. Here is the review of my car to compare if you need to?
Also that's not true. My 7.5 doesn't have a full glass touchscreen, but it does have android auto/car play.

SamBrooksbank

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf
Sorry for the confusion! I’m quoting what I know of the European Volkswagen Golfs, in Europe Volkswagen make the trims very easy to understand and they are the same all over. US golfs are often specced differently.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Do you have the S model? The SE has the full glass touchscreen.
I do. The plaid seats are the real reason I chose the GTI.

The S had the smaller screen but came with car play for 7.5 and the SE/autobahn had the larger screen. I was simply pointing out that looking at the screen size not a good indicator of trying to determine if one has a 7 or 7.5.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
OP is clearly from the US. European model year specs is irrelevant.