Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Front sway bar, camber plates, LCAs

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Do you track at all? I would say use that car you've built and go kick some ass on the track. There's always room to improve your driving skills there, travel to different tracks, etc., and surely lots of track time will necessitate some wrenching as you replace consumables and wear out parts.
I don't trust myself on the track to be honest, I am not careful enough and am too competitive to brake early and race cars out of my league.

MPI + LPFP + fuel lines, then return your HPFP back to stock, then go BT, then get bigger fuel injectors, then get an even bigger fuel pump because the just recently upgraded fuel pump can't handle your BT now, then intake manifold, then upgrade your fuel lines again to bigger ones, then get bigger DP, then, well, you get the point.
I second that. MPI + LPFP is about the only thing left besides cosmetic or suspension lol
If he’s limited to pump fuel, I doubt going mpi will do anything for him with test turbo outside of cleaner valves.
RS3 Pump kit would do it. RS3 Pump and MPI and your turbo and bottom end are pretty much the only limiting factor, unless you're pushing huge boost, then the head flow becomes a big deal around 550+HP

I think performance wise, this turbo is pretty limited, especially because I am forced to stick with pump fuel. So I think MPI would be useless in this case. Also, adding MPI removes the need for me to take the intake manifold off every 30k for valve cleaning.

OEM front skid or full aero tray, MK8 lower rear arm aero covers, Passat LED door exit/puddle lights, TPMS switch, front & rear exhaust tunnel covers, short axle cover...or Versus rear big cover/diffuser, Lif4Po battery, Diesel geek delrin bushes for gearstick, USB ports for panel with air vents at rear of front arm rest, RS3 air ducts for front arms, harmonic damper for rear subframe, ...etc., etc....
You motivated me to do the harmonic dampener already. I think the exhaust tunnel covers might be in order.

I should probably add this as a disclaimer, this car is my daily driver.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Next logical step is bigger turbo than the 2260, forged internals, and supporting mods with whatever turbo you choose.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Has anyone lifted the GTI and fitted bigger tires and smaller rims?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Has anyone lifted the GTI and fitted bigger tires and smaller rims?
ShopDAP lifted their all-track a while ago
. Theory should at least translate to a GTI.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Trackslag/Baun Prrformance 4” down pipe for 500RPM quicker spool, Focal IS 155 speakers for a little better sound. Maybe 8” glass screen infotainment if you don’t have it.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Trackslag/Baun Prrformance 4” down pipe for 500RPM quicker spool, Focal IS 155 speakers for a little better sound. Maybe 8” glass screen infotainment if you don’t have it.
The downpipes is definitely tempting. I don't even listen to anything while driving tbh. I also have the 8" screen already.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
The downpipes is definitely tempting. I don't even listen to anything while driving tbh. I also have the 8" screen already.
This is me lol, I prefer to listen to the car.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I sent a email to Trackslag to see if they have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal but nothing yet 🤷‍♂️

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
I sent a email to Trackslag to see if they have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal but nothing yet 🤷‍♂️
What a shame, cjm has been the same so far. I’m guessing they probably don’t make so much on their products that its difficult to discount.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Get some real coilovers, sticky tires and go to the track
As stated previously, I’m def not going to enjoy the track 😂