GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you haul lately?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
The same thing I haul every day: everything.

20201024_145250(1).jpg

29' ladder (6 sections)
6' step
4' step
2.5' step
3 extension poles
leaf blower
vacuum
lots of tools, equipment and buckets
lunch, if I can fit it.

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Let's see the loaded pic!

20210727_160325.jpg

20210727_160354.jpg

20210727_160448.jpg

Everything is ratchet strapped to the seat bolt anchor points, front and rear. The bungies are to stop stuff from squeaking.
The main ladders are covered with the blanket to keep more of a low profile from observers.
It's a bit of a hassle loading and unloading, because everything has to go in a specific place and in a specific order.
But this being my 3rd year using this car as a truck, I can pack it all up in about ten minutes - and it is squeak-free!

Grocery shopping is a challenge for obvious reasons and girls are only riding shotgun in the winter, when everything is emptied for the off-season.
Just about every week, a customer sees my car and asks, "how are you going to do the 2nd floor?"
I'm thinking to myself: "Bitch, my ladder is as tall as your house."

20200711_132715(1).jpg

Last edited:

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
I came here to ask if you can fit a 6 foot ladder in a GTI. I guess so! I'm also getting one of those Werner ladders from Home Depot.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Gosh thats impressive...but why not buy a small trailer? Seems it would make your life easier.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Because I often have to park in small spaces and some driveways lack the room to turn around.

It's a moot point, because I just changed employers and am getting a company truck.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Not much but I always keep a rod and a tackle box in back. Never know when there’s a hangry bass that requires environmental regulation.