GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
This one arrived yesterday. Surprised it was not sent on a box, but they arrived intact. They were wrapped in shrink-wrap, inside a bubble-bag, and covered in two1/4" foam sheets. Clarity of the plastic is great and it has the black trim area the OEM have. No DOT markings may mean trouble by some in some states where they analyze every crap on a car on state inspections. I already received the glass sanding sheets and polishing glaze. I'm going to probably do this over the fathers day weekend, unless I decide to order an intercooler to do both at the same time since I have to take the bumper off. They are clearly marked for the MK7.5.

The polycarbonate don't seem any stronger than the OEM, so this will be covered in PPF or Lamin-X as soon as the install is done.

Placed the order 15 May, so a few days over 2 weeks ship time from China.

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

Also bought the small covers for the door check, which sell for $4.44 each at VW, for the grand price of $3.06 shipped for all four. Already installed, they click into place with no play at all.
IMG_0389.JPG

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I will be be following this closely. If install is doable, I will be doing mine.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
FedEx dropped off a set of Vredestein Hypertrac tires.

I didn't really want to leave the UHP all-season category (yeah, yeah) but wanted a slightly more comfort-focused tire. These will replace the BF Goodrich Comp-2 A/S Pluses currently on the car which are excellent but definitely on the sportier side of the spectrum.

I've had lots of tires from Michelin and Continental over the years and decided to try a new brand this time. If the Tire Rack testing and reviews are to be believed, these can mostly hang with the big boys like the PSAS4 and DWS06+. Excited to get them mounted and see.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
DIAB...

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Baby dick energy
says Honda boy I heard there paying strong n Clark county for HJ's maybe you can pay to renovate your 50's trailer home in Vegas

Im in Reno atm I can start a go fund my Honda GTI for you lmk poor boy we can fill your a-pillar up with gauges and you can monitor your cheap airide

I love drinking your hater tears

Last edited: