GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Received my order from DarkSide Developments in the UK, shout out to them for machining a batch of bronze shift fork ends the day I placed the order.

So with that I’m 99% sure I’ve got everything here to rebuild & assemble the transmission.

I take that back, still need sealant, but I have black RTV that’s oil rated so unless there’s a super specific kind it has to be I’m about ready.

Famous last words, “all it lacks is finishing up”.

Still haven’t got a 100% answer from DKM yet btw, let alone a clutch back from them.
But have you heard back from FCP about the ACT clutch?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
1E8F16E7-3EAA-4A45-AEE0-8A05FA1C9C21.jpeg

Ready for a brake…

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
The last of of my seat parts, the two bottom cushion heaters, have arrived.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
But have you heard back from FCP about the ACT clutch?

Yeah, they added it to the site. I already purchased & received one.

The least DKM can do at this point is honor their original offer to rebuild my twin disc clutch under warranty, but it’s been over a month now so it’s a good thing I’m not holding my breath waiting on that.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeah, they added it to the site. I already purchased & received one.

The least DKM can do at this point is honor their original offer to rebuild my twin disc clutch under warranty, but it’s been over a month now so it’s a good thing I’m not holding my breath waiting on that.
Unfortunately I got mine through not FCP, but you've just made someone in community's day at some point in the future.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Puddle lights from from @Acadia18 came in. Now to take some time to install them. I've been getting conflicting information from the website. Is the hot pin 16 or 2. And what pin is the ground?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Puddle lights from from @Acadia18 came in. Now to take some time to install them. I've been getting conflicting information from the website. Is the hot pin 16 or 2. And what pin is the ground?

Here you go.

Attachments

• VW Golf Mk7 Door.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
My man. Thanks!!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got some goodies to prep for the track season

PXL_20230327_000952709.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I feel this needs to be my next mod. I drool every time I see someone get one.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Trim tools will be your friend. Once the airbag is out (ezpz) getting the trim itself out is a matter of patience and a little luck, but you can tilt the odds in your favor by working around the circumference of the wheel and knowing where the pins are (this video helped, and that specific time highlights the locations) and working in warm weather. I had the trim tool poked the whole way through and turned 90* to just barely get the pins out of the wheel in some areas, I broke one clip because I was rushing but honestly they seem to be somewhat malleable in decent weather.

Shameless plug, I bought via ZenCarbonFiber on IG and was pleased overall. You can go directly through zhongzhong, but I opted for the vendor because the option selection was clear and easy, though it does cost a bit more. There's all sorts of snazzy options out there for these wheels.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I will be selling mine soon. Getting another one that more matches my seats. Current one is a ZenCarbon red-tinted cf with gray perforated leather on the sides.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Unfortunately red won't match all the blue of the R. Thanks for the offer though!