GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
My seat parts arrive today, I need to figure out how to remove the fabric on the base of my fancy expensive seat so the pad thing can go in, and I'm really (really, REALLY) hoping that the folks at Corbeau didn't lie to me and that the brackets do in fact have mounting for the stock seatbelts.

I'm gonna disconnect the battery and do the passenger's side seat, then once it's in pull the car out of the garage and back it in so I can have space for fighting the driver's seat. I'm intimidated by the fabric removal process, but everything else seems like it should be pretty straightforward.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
My seat parts arrive today, I need to figure out how to remove the fabric on the base of my fancy expensive seat so the pad thing can go in, and I'm really (really, REALLY) hoping that the folks at Corbeau didn't lie to me and that the brackets do in fact have mounting for the stock seatbelts.

I'm gonna disconnect the battery and do the passenger's side seat, then once it's in pull the car out of the garage and back it in so I can have space for fighting the driver's seat. I'm intimidated by the fabric removal process, but everything else seems like it should be pretty straightforward.
Let me know if you hit a snag. Should hopefully be pretty straight forward. An option is to just ball up the mat and stick it under the seat, believe this triggers the sensor to believe there is someone ALWAYS in the seat.. which could be annoying with the seatbelt warning. Though you could just buy a buckle insert off Ali.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I got something cool in the mail.

IMG-4228.JPG

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Ok here is a look at one of the seats. They wont be ready to put in for a while yet.
recaroseat.JPG

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Got some new VW OEM coils from EQT, $125 shipped is a deal.
I'm thinking about just buying them and leaving them on the shelf for a rainy day. After 74k, I don't have any ignition issues, but these have to be a wear item at some point.

ManFlxSrsRwy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf Mk7.5 GTI 2017
Today i made myself a Dogbone insert out of aluminium with CNC machines at work, i'm gonna be onest, i'm pretty pround of myself right now. 😎

BTW just in case you are wondering what the engraving is about, Rossa is the name of my car (Red in italian). 😁

Attachments

• 20230317_180320.jpg
    20230317_180320.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230317_180344.jpg
    20230317_180344.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
If you made a rear insert would it be a Rosa parks?

I'll see myself out.