GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Stopped by @GTI Jake shop Monday night to see if he could fab up some brackets for an all track skid plate. For science, we can confirm there’s no way it’s fitting on with a fmic. I unfortunately didn’t ask or do any research prior to purchasing. Luckily I have a buyer that’s paying $15 less than full price this Sunday.
Only other option I see is the ECS street shield with the optional brace. Jake mentioned he knew someone with a mk7 running it with a BAUN fmic. Can anyone confirm this? Specifically with the optional brace? I wouldn’t get it without the brace.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Life saver! The Dorman option looks pretty neat, and I like that it's compact. I likely won't need to use it more than once, so having a single-use/single-function tool that doesn't take up any space is great.
FFS. I spent a minute reviewing the installation PDF and the damn thing comes with the rivnut tool, possibly that exact one. 😆🤦🏻‍♂️ I'll still go to Harbor Freight and pick up a center punch set because $12 to never have to guess again is a no-brainer.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
FFS. I spent a minute reviewing the installation PDF and the damn thing comes with the rivnut tool, possibly that exact one. 😆🤦🏻‍♂️ I'll still go to Harbor Freight and pick up a center punch set because $12 to never have to guess again is a no-brainer.
A lot of manufacturers are including the "tool" with their kits. After I made one I bought a Dee Zee tailgate assist for my Silverado and it came with one, that's where I got the idea of using a thrust bearing instead. A lot easier and smoother than the oversize nut.
1674736052281.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Stopped by @GTI Jake shop Monday night to see if he could fab up some brackets for an all track skid plate. For science, we can confirm there’s no way it’s fitting on with a fmic. I unfortunately didn’t ask or do any research prior to purchasing. Luckily I have a buyer that’s paying $15 less than full price this Sunday.
Only other option I see is the ECS street shield with the optional brace. Jake mentioned he knew someone with a mk7 running it with a BAUN fmic. Can anyone confirm this? Specifically with the optional brace? I wouldn’t get it without the brace.
I actually learned this the hard way 1.5 years ago and posted it up, so it's somewhere on here......those arms that are supposed to secure to the subframe run directly into the FMIC piping. I tried everything and realized quickly you'd have to do some serious fabbing to make it work.

I'm glad FCP allowed for free returns! Such a hassle with a box that big!

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I actually learned this the hard way 1.5 years ago and posted it up, so it's somewhere on here......those arms that are supposed to secure to the subframe run directly into the FMIC piping. I tried everything and realized quickly you'd have to do some serious fabbing to make it work.

I'm glad FCP allowed for free returns! Such a hassle with a box that big!
I found your post after you mentioned it didn’t fit the other week. I still want to get something to protect not only the oil pan but the electric components hanging off the lsd and plugged into the oil pan.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I found your post after you mentioned it didn’t fit the other week. I still want to get something to protect not only the oil pan but the electric components hanging off the lsd and plugged into the oil pan.
Well if you do...please tag me in the solution...would love to get something as well!

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
lemme go find my old WRX one real fast.....
Cabin mount intercooler. Bonus points for being able to spot boost leaks easily, and for being able to put your AC vents on it during the summer. Lower than ambient temp IATs brah

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Attachments

• IMG_9375.JPG
    IMG_9375.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53