GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I use it when doing high rep snatches with KB's. Toast without it.
😍

1674501044628.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm really picky about hand lotion\creme. I usually just do basic ass baby lotion. But I do have a big tub of this stuff at my desk because my wife didn't like it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XKHA4M

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Until they get ripped open and off. Shave them shits down and moisturize!!! They’ll still maintain the callus, just won’t be as rigid (which is what makes them rip)
yeah....that happened to me during my Beast race in Ohio two years ago.....hurt and stung like crap for 16 miles.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Your thumb looks like it's been in a meat grinder. There is no shame in having velvety hands. I wasn't joking - that cream is very good shit.
yeah idk, what's going on with that thumb in the picture, it doesn't normally look like that , maybe all this no glove wrap handling did fuck me up.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I got a load of parts delivered today in prep for upcoming track season.

1. the newly released 034 motorsport control arms
2. eurosport camber mounts (pre-assembled)
3. Strut mount hardware kit from FCP.
4. control arm hardware kit from shopdap.
5. new SAI pump, gasket, and sensor from FCP.
View attachment 271209
I still need to decide on a RSB and a new set of tires and - leaning torwards H&R 26mm + moog endlinks and hankook RS4. First event is at summit point on march 4th-5th. I can't wait.
curious to see what minimum front camber setting will be with the arms and the strut mounts together...

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Please keep us updated on the installation process and how you like it; I've been loosely considering that exact brace.
Everything I've researched pointed me in this direction. It's discreet, functional, and better value than alternatives. Installation should be straight forward, provided I can get my hands on a rivnut tool.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
rivnut tool
There are a few decent/cheap ones on Amazon now. When I bought mine three years ago there were very few out.

If you just want to get this installed and don't plan on ever using it again you could use this DIY. I made a similar design, but I used a full thread allen bolt with a nut and a thrust bearing . Held the allen bolt and tighten the nut with the thrust bearing between the nut and the rivet nut. Either way will get it done. Dorman sells them as well.

https://www.spyderindustries.com/blogs/news/diy-how-to-install-nut-inserts-rivet-nuts

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
There are a few decent/cheap ones on Amazon now. When I bought mine three years ago there were very few out.

If you just want to get this installed and don't plan on ever using it again you could use this DIY. I made a similar design, but I used a full thread allen bolt with a nut and a thrust bearing . Held the allen bolt and tighten the nut with the thrust bearing between the nut and the rivet nut. Either way will get it done. Dorman sells them as well.

https://www.spyderindustries.com/blogs/news/diy-how-to-install-nut-inserts-rivet-nuts
Life saver! The Dorman option looks pretty neat, and I like that it's compact. I likely won't need to use it more than once, so having a single-use/single-function tool that doesn't take up any space is great.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
You're a fool if you don't. They don't paint my nails, they cut them, wash my feet, get rid of dead skin etc... Once every couple of months is good. I wouldn't do it if you do martial arts though - it gets rid of the callouses on the bottom of your feet and then it makes it really painful to pivot when you are kicking.
Did martial arts for 2 years and my heals were great for sanding hardwood floors...still are.