GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Picked up a new, unboxed V2 Aerofabb front splitter from FB marketplace. I always like to expand the search radius and look for a deal along the way of a road trip!

I’m definitely nervous about taking the bumper off by myself, but will watch plenty of videos.

D35301BD-D9AC-4EF2-BCE0-BBC52CE4AA09.jpeg

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Picked up a new, unboxed V2 Aerofabb front splitter from FB marketplace. I always like to expand the search radius and look for a deal along the way of a road trip!

View attachment 268884
Nice score! I’m debating between that or side skirts for my next external mod

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

I’m definitely nervous about taking the bumper off by myself, but will watch plenty of videos.

View attachment 268884
Taking the bumper off is not too bad. If you have all the sensors be sure to put the car in maintenance mode or unhook the battery if you unplug them. Also, having a helping hand is always a plus. Wife flipped her lid when I removed ours to install the twincooler. Car only had 20k miles on it. Lol.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

View attachment 268884

Just don’t forget the two 10mm nuts per side that clamp the corner of the bumper cover, and have Mrs Capt Ratty help pull it off/reinstall.

As a extra precaution you can masking tape the fenders and headlights to avoid scuffing them up.

Since I’ve had your bumper off already it should unclip easily vs one that’s never been released from the clips below the grille

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

View attachment 268884
Don't forget about the fog lights and make sure you unplug your battery first if you're unplugging sensors, or you'll have an expensive re-calibration coming.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

View attachment 268884
Take a trip down to the beach and we can do it in my garage. I’ve got the week of January 9-13 off.
Also, I got some new hardware with a flat head. I’m going to flip the hardware around to clear the fmic as much as possible.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
We also knew what we were doing second time around
“Knew”

We somehow made it without the sensor recalibration being needed.

6 weeks later it fired off ACC errors, 2 weeks later it cleared itself.

Gremlins or CSB bro magic? You decide.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
“Knew”

We somehow made it without the sensor recalibration being needed.

6 weeks later it fired off ACC errors, 2 weeks later it cleared itself.

Gremlins or CSB bro magic? You decide.
I did a dozen or so customer cars error free, then popped ACC faults on the wife’s GLI lol.

It’s a gamble I guess, because even the dealer took two tries to get it squared away after charging for a full alignment.

Also could’ve actually been out of wheel alignment, because the bridge construction on our road was pretty knarly at the time.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

View attachment 268884

It's super easy to install. It's just tedious and time consuming. I did mine by myself and took my time. Take my time I did...it took me like five hours.o_O:LOL:

If you have a table or saw horse of some kind where you can rest the bumper on...it'll make things a lot easier. I have a temperamental lower back and had to do mine on the ground. I had to take frequent breaks because my back would keep stiffening up.

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I'm at 35K miles. After getting my oil changed at the dealer (I bought my own Motul 8100 X-Cess Gen2) I went to parts and bought some OEM spark plugs. I over-paid for them but at least I know they are the right ones. I've not changed them yet. Looking forward to the before vs after butt dyno.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Let me know how you like this please 🙏
Just installed and have only driven a few miles. On max setting (EXTREME!!!! 200%) noticeably more racecar. More spool-y and whoosh-y noises. Before I could never hear the DV whoosh (because I drive like a grandma) but now even in partial throttle at low speeds can hear it.
Kinda like going from stock intake to a open air intake. No real performance change but it "feels" different. Will have to try the other settings.