GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Preparing to play musical chairs with wheels & tires.

New 380mm BBK needs 19" wheels, so got a 2nd set of Pretorias for a steal, with junked Conti 5P, and a pretty fresh set of Pilot Alpin PA4. Ready for winter, if it ever arrives in Vancouver lol.
1665534268551.png

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
New wiper blades.....I can barely contain my excitement

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
OE strut bearings. Slowly collecting parts for swapping my dampers. I have a parts list and I'm just basically jumping on sales whenever I see them.

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Which ones?
Bosch Pure Vision for the front and a Trico one for the rear. O'Reilly's had the Bosch in stock. No rear wiper sadly...had to get that one from Amazon.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Some fun stuff showed up today, super fast shipping from urotuning and autohaus😁. Pre Covid speeds.
04A49F43-E48C-4624-91AC-269E409C3A9B.jpeg

Even with a healthy PP size rotor these look beefy
A0D77D7A-4458-4887-8781-C8B3FBDA7727.jpeg

Also got some last bits I needed for the cheap noise makers on the vr6.
6A184F09-0042-412C-AA8B-4C215FC4C6E4.jpeg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Also got some last bits I needed for the cheap noise makers on the vr6.
View attachment 263016
Cool, BUT are those super short?

There's limited room behind the wheels to tuck the mufflers back there, and then it has to make a sharp 90 or angled bend to the y pipe under the rear subframe.

The Passat kinda "needs" staggered tips too, because of the bumper curve, IMO.

But I'm tuned in to see how it turns out!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Cool, BUT are those super short?

There's limited room behind the wheels to tuck the mufflers back there, and then it has to make a sharp 90 or angled bend to the y pipe under the rear subframe.

The Passat kinda "needs" staggered tips too, because of the bumper curve, IMO.

But I'm tuned in to see how it turns out!
27” total from end to top of slanted tips. I got these muffler/resonators specifically to hit that size with the tips and reducers. I’m going to have to cut the rear mufflers off directly at their welds for it to work since the bend is already so close to the factory 14” mufflers (The body of these mufflers are only 11 3/4”)

Yeah I’m not really happy about the tips not being staggered but these are the best I can find right now since I want to run rolled slant cut and not single wall or double wall like I used on GTI and Tiguan.

I’m not going to weld the tip so I can swap if it ends up bothering me too much. At the 27” total top length it’s going to let me keep the tips from protruding past the diffuser edge and hopefully help the squared look of the tips some, worst case I just get another set of the double walls I put on the Tiguan if it fails. I just like the less aggressive look of rolled for the passat.

09CC0E22-1109-4699-849D-0C2D8B7CF494.jpeg
4492A69B-C7E9-497F-83D0-3CF47DB9DE1C.jpeg

Actually when I get back on the v2 version if the GTI exhaust that’s gonna be rolled too but that ones naturally staggered due to the Apr box n pipe.

C39B881F-36DB-42E4-A826-0C6000E6C730.jpeg
B1FB0246-8B91-4DDB-8DE8-98C06BF7CD92.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
27” total from end to top of slanted tips. I got these muffler/resonators specifically to hit that size with the tips and reducers. I’m going to have to cut the rear mufflers off directly at their welds for it to work since the bend is already so close to the factory 14” mufflers (The body of these mufflers are only 11 3/4”)

Yeah I’m not really happy about the tips not being staggered but these are the best I can find right now since I want to run rolled slant cut and not single wall or double wall like I used on GTI and Tiguan.

I’m not going to weld the tip so I can swap if it ends up bothering me too much. At the 27” total top length it’s going to let me keep the tips from protruding past the diffuser edge and hopefully help the squared look of the tips some, worst case I just get another set of the double walls I put on the Tiguan if it fails. I just like the less aggressive look of rolled for the passat.

View attachment 263021View attachment 263023
Actually when I get back on the v2 version if the GTI exhaust that’s gonna be rolled too but that ones naturally staggered due to the Apr box n pipe.

View attachment 263024View attachment 263022

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what's the vanity plate for the Passat gonna be?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what's the vanity plate for the Passat gonna be?
Nah, you didn’t miss it.

Of course it’s gonna be one that fits the trend of the other 2, which trigged plenty in the vanity plate thread “guys who get the car model as the plate” 😂. For me inside jokes on the plate are just like bumper sticker about Biden or trump, so that’s just not my bag, I use the plate as an additional appearance mod to bring the whole package I envisioned together 😂😂.

It’s on order, just takes like 10 weeks and you have to physically go (nightmare) to the DMV for pickup with this specific blue plate style, so currently I’m on a bot generated colorful plate.

09647319-712B-4AC9-BB06-1B7EC47E368B.jpeg