GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Why would you want to delete a wiper that cleans the back glass for you? On other note, I like to see who is tailgating me before I brake check them.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I was stage 2 stock clutch for 50k miles before I finally upgraded to an ACT clutch. When I did pull the clutch, it still looked completely fine to boot. Sure I wasn't tracking the car, but I had frequent and numerous 3rd gear pulls. Trick was I dont hit it until Im in the powerband, no low rpm flat footing here-ever. Now I have an ACT clutch which added a heavier pedal and clutch chatter, nothing more.
It seems the general consensus is to replace the clutch when tuned, but I'm still on stock and will stay that way until it's toast. I don't launch, track, race, or lug it. It'll happen eventually, but I'll be saving up the cash till the day.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
It seems the general consensus is to replace the clutch when tuned, but I'm still on stock and will stay that way until it's toast. I don't launch, track, race, or lug it. It'll happen eventually, but I'll be saving up the cash till the day.
Oh for sure its general consensus, because not everyone drives their car the same. Upgrading the clutch is a safety buffer for " I hit the gas sooner than I should." A small percentage of us upgrade our clutch because its necessary once you hit a certain hp threshold. On the GTI with that stock clutch, it seems to be about mid 300 or so. I didnt slip ever until I broke 350whp, and even then, it was minimal and only for a split second.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just last month there was 2 suicides at the military base back home. Guess you can't brainwash that motive out.
it's a massively serious problem in the vet community... :(

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
it's a massively serious problem in the vet community... :(
It is. And a lot of them are centered around the complex that Vets have served their country, so that others may benefit by their efforts. Knowing that, we tend to get pissed off when we are taken advantage of, like when VW credit grants you a deferment of payment due to a government shutdown right?, but then it takes them 20 days to process it, gets your credit tagged for a missed payment, and then some number cruncher sees a late payment, then charges you late fees but doesn't say anything. You just happen to notice when you log in again and see the higher payment amount and look to see why. Im sure VW credit needs that extra 74 dollars so fukn bad. Fukn multi millionaire bastages. It's no wonder self deletion is a thing, we exist as civilians now that businesses can take advantage of, just because they can. :mad:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Smoke some weed.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Smoke some weed.
I love weed but telling someone (especially a vet) to rely on getting high to solve their problems is actually shit advice, even more so if they live in a state like Texas where you can still get locked up for it

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Smoke some weed.
I’m a fan myself and it does help with some issues vets can experience, but yeah sadly not a cure all. On to other things, I have a rear wiper and I am going to use it damnit lol