GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Arguably the most important piece for this weekend's upcoming frivolities.

20220930_133128.jpg

A Kobalt Quiet Tech 26gal compressor.

Now I can probably start collecting some air tools if I even wanted.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Arguably the most important piece for this weekend's upcoming frivolities.

View attachment 261924

A Kobalt Quiet Tech 26gal compressor.

Now I can probably start collecting some air tools if I even wanted.
Those are decent, go slow so you don't overheat the compressor because it will not keep up with the blaster. I started with one of those in 1999, and finally decided to upgrade in 2017. I bought a 60 gal Quincy Q13160VQ. The Kobalt was still working great btw, with a lot of abuse.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Fabbed up this rear seat delete last weekend, weighs ~8lbs total. Made out of 11/32 plywood and can hold a decent amount of weight. Total cost was about ~$50 with carpet.

View attachment 261925

View attachment 261926
Looks great.

The only thing keeping me from doing this is the inability to find an exact match to the tone of fabric.

Btw, which rear brace is that?

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
I tore apart a decent sized cardboard box and I flattened it out and created a template out of it with the seats removed.... and then bought a single piece of 24" x 49" plywood and transferred the template and cut it up and routed the edges round, then bought a dowel piece to create the legs. The front leg bottoms fit into the seat latches and twist 90 degrees to lock in place, and the rear legs are used to level it flat. Then purchased black speaker carpet and spray glued it and stapled the carpet to the underside. I chose the black to make it match the interior black more so than the gray carpet in the rear. I will be installing a net to block it off so it will be less noticeable.

The rear brace is from Eurocode.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I tore apart a decent sized cardboard box and I flattened it out and created a template out of it with the seats removed.... and then bought a single piece of 24" x 49" plywood and transferred the template and cut it up and routed the edges round, then bought a dowel piece to create the legs. The front leg bottoms fit into the seat latches and twist 90 degrees to lock in place, and the rear legs are used to level it flat. Then purchased black speaker carpet and spray glued it and stapled the carpet to the underside. I chose the black to make it match the interior black more so than the gray carpet in the rear. I will be installing a net to block it off so it will be less noticeable.

It's well done. Is it secured? My only concern would be it flying around in the event of an accident

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI

How much did the seats and whatever else was removed weigh?

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
It's well done. Is it secured? My only concern would be it flying around in the event of an accident
The front latches are mounted it pretty good and the rear is also mounted to the raised seat mount. I will be working on a better mounting solution in the rear now that it's leveled but so far it's pretty stout.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wifey's 2020 Jetta (bought new June 2021) with 19.9k miles just threw a CEL. Engine feels sluggish. VW Mobile App says something that leans towards Cylinder Misfire.

Bought a VCDS as it was overdue anyway; wanted it for my R. Should be here today so I can take a look at the codes. Actually really impressed; ordered it off Ross-Tech website on Friday afternoon, paid $17 in shipping for regular FedEx delivery, and it's already out for delivery.

Dealer isn't able to get her in until Tuesday. She drives quite a bit (obviously given the mileage in ~16months) so I was a bit shocked the dealer was perfectly fine making her sit with it for four days.

She says she went to an Exxon gas station that was extremely sketchy; multiple cars pulled in and handed the attendant cash without filling up. She filled up to full from a quarter tank on Tuesday, got the CEL on Thursday morning.. hoping it's something as simple as bad gas.

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
A whole lot of fuel system parts. Hopefully, the injectors and HPFP fixes the issue and I can return the LPFP to FCP. I went with an OEM HPFP as I'm not going past is38 on 93 and picked up Golf R injectors (with revised tune to accommodate from EQT) since the Golf R injectors are 1/4 the price of GTI injectors and have the capability to flow more fuel to boot. Will do a carbon cleaning while the manifold is off anyway.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7878416

IMG_4072.JPG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Picked up a set of wheels that'll probably be my trade in wheels, eventually. Got them for free. I don't think they're Detroit's, since they're only 17". But they are two tone black/silver, not like the full silver 17" Denver's. Idk. They're in rough shape, but hey. They were free. The non-painted ones, you can pull off big chunks of the clear coat. One of them does leak at the bead seal, so I'll take a look and see if it's easily repairable. If it is, I'll take care of that, sand the faces, and just hit them with some plastidip. If not, probably just bring them to the dump lol.

20221001_185455.jpg