GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yea, I walnut blasted intake valves a few months ago, they clean! Haven't seen any fuel mileage drop, I've been monitoring STFT and LTFT lately but I don't really have a baseline so im not sure what's normal vs what's not. Maybe @Diggs24 can have some input on this. This is what the er10s look like coming off the car yesterday:

View attachment 260186

Though, looks like they are running hot.
within the range of -10 to +10 for fuel trims is normal. STFT might be more sporadic, esp when you let off gas

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Was it torqued properly? The insulator staining is off to the side on #4 vs the rest it is under the strap. Coloring on #4 looks different too.
I see what you mean about off to the side, #1 looks a little off as well. Would incorrect toque cause this? I torque each to 18ftlbs using my torque wrench.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Electrode looks a bit burnt too. Coloring might be because it's touching the ceramic there. I'd keep an eye on the Densos and see how they look in a few k.

1662662124312.png

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Should be 22 from memory
Well damn, I’ve always torqued to 18, possible that was the spec for the MK6. Doubt it makes a difference, but maybe I’ll bump them to 22ftlbs when I get home.
Electrode looks a bit burnt too. Coloring might be because it's touching the ceramic there. I'd keep an eye on the Densos and see how they look in a few k.

View attachment 260203
Do you have an example of what the plugs should ideally look like? For all intents and purposes the plugs look pretty clean, but I’m terrible at reading plugs.

Engine is definitely happier with the densos though, it’ll be interesting to pull them in a few ks.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion