GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got a new torque wrench from Amazon. I’ve had pretty good luck with this brand in the past. Their stuff strikes a good balance between the pricier home mechanic stuff and cheap junk from Harbor Freight. View attachment 255562

Properly taken care of is the number one rule besides owning one in the first place as a diy enthusiast.

Don’t drop it & always return it back to its lowest setting (not spun all the way past it) & you’ll get tons of good use out of any torque wrench you choose!

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Intercooler. I should probably just bite the bullet and order the Sachs SRE too.
What is the "SRE"...not finding that nomenclature at Sach's website.
Intercooler. I should probably just bite the bullet and order the Sachs SRE too.
APR IC upgrade is next on my list too.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Properly taken care of is the number one rule besides owning one in the first place as a diy enthusiast.

Don’t drop it & always return it back to its lowest setting (not spun all the way past it) & you’ll get tons of good use out of any torque wrench you choose!
Thx guys- ordered this- plastic cover means it can live in under cargo storage and use it for careful check on TQ after flat tire changes on the road, and a shop spare.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I won't quote myself but here's a link to one of my posts, there are touch panels from (EU?) Tiguan and Arteon that don't have the clean air button. If that's something you care about. You'll likely have an easier time coding and running basic settings on these units too.

Still have to get the trim from Ali I think, for Golf anyway.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/touch-panel-climatronic-retrofit.403599/post-7848435

I don't have climatronic but I am considering the half retrofit. I don't really care about dual zones, and I could probably fool the hvac with some resistors in place of the flap motors (with the help of a decade box) if I want a fault-free scan. Still automatically regulate temperature which would be nice and no clean air button from other markets.
What's the half-retrofit? Panel + temp sensors without the dual zone flaps?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

100%. Once I’m done, back to the lowest setting and in to the case it goes. Just tried it out and its really smooth.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What's the half-retrofit? Panel + temp sensors without the dual zone flaps?
Yup, sunlight sensor and interior humidity sensor too, although these aren't necessary for the temp regulation to work.

I'm not taking apart my dashboard for the full shebang retrofit. It's generally only me in the car. And if my wife is cold she turns on the heated seats.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I've read to keep it stored at 5lbft or something nominal. Is there any benefit to that vs 0 or just BS

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I've read to keep it stored at 5lbft or something nominal. Is there any benefit to that vs 0 or just BS

Per the FAA all torque wrenches are to be stored at their lowest setting.

In his case being a 10-150ft lbs it needs to be stored at 10ft lbs to keep its calibration.

Now, they also require yearly recalibration & I don’t expect everyone to do that at home, but the best longevity/accuracy you’ll achieve is simple & free following the lowest setting rule (and most people aren’t aware so I like to point it out).

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I'm not taking apart my dashboard for the full shebang retrofit. It's generally only me in the car. And if my wife is cold she turns on the heated seats.
lol my girlfriend does the same thing. Intrigued, gonna look this up now..

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
What is the "SRE"...not finding that nomenclature at Sach's website.

APR IC upgrade is next on my list too.
Their upgraded (kind of OEM+) clutch kit that uses a dual mass flywheel like factory. It appears on their website if you search by car. It is the unsprung clutch disc with pressure plate.

Comparable to the HS RSR clutch available for these cars.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Got a new torque wrench from Amazon. I’ve had pretty good luck with this brand in the past. Their stuff strikes a good balance between the pricier home mechanic stuff and cheap junk from Harbor Freight. View attachment 255562

Bought myself the 3/8" version yesterday. Hoping the good reviews hold true. If it's as nice as it appears I will be buying the 1/2" version as well.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Bought myself the 3/8" version yesterday. Hoping the good reviews hold true. If it's as nice as it appears I will be buying the 1/2" version as well.
I tried it out yesterday and I like it. The torque adjustment knob is smooth and it feels nice and solid.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
replacing my euro Golf R Recaro wingbacks with a pair of euro Recaro Pole Position ABE….

0DCC434A-B309-4DA8-A563-1BFD4E0523FC.jpeg
0BA3C160-EE40-4E05-A1A6-BEE188D49D58.jpeg
8A4885A2-E421-4EE2-BE92-F39243DF8AD5.jpeg