GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Win95 was fine. I don't look fondly on it like XP though.
That's because XP stuck around forever and was an actual upgrade from 98. It didn't have a shit-show of a rollout like 7 did. 7 only got good when 8 came out...either that or 8 was so bad we all agreed 7 wasn't that bad.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
it does seems that the reason people preferred OBD11 was because their pricing plan made sense compared to their competitors, now they are their own worst enemy. they shot themselves in the foot and committed company suicide. they locked all the comments on their Facebook. every day, every few hours, the only active thread on the obd11 forums "no more free credits?!?!"

two things will happen. I would be very surprised if the company did not reverse their decision or they will go under. they are getting destroyed on the google play and app stores however by then ill already have returned my obd11 device. im waiting for Voltas to respond to my PayPal case which has been open for over a week, could you take a wild guess why they aren't responding????? im gonna get my money back in about a week. gotta love PayPal fronting the return shipping bill up to 12 times a year! off to Lithuania you go, little box!! bon voyage

Agreed. I can't see why anyone would buy it at this point. I didn't think it was that bad. It filled a niche before. Now, it's a $60 dongle that does the same thing a $15 Amazon dongle does, unless you pay $50 a year. Wtf is the point anymore?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That's because XP stuck around forever and was an actual upgrade from 98. It didn't have a shit-show of a rollout like 7 did. 7 only got good when 8 came out...either that or 8 was so bad we all agreed 7 wasn't that bad.
I never even had 8, had 7 until I got a new computer last year. It wants me to upgrade to 11 already but 10 seems fine.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I never even had 8, had 7 until I got a new computer last year. It wants me to upgrade to 11 already but 10 seems fine.

I'm still on Windows7.

hqdefault-1954495004.jpg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Successfully disabled auto start stop permanently on my car. What an incredibly annoying thing that I could not permanently remove that, or at least create a feature that last remembered my choice. That alone made Carista & obdmx+ worth it for me. Obd11 could not do this on my model year (2021) but to be fair it did say it may not work.

This was a beta feature and did not cost money to do. This was not the battery voltage trick.

edit: I also added windows up via Lock button which was another feature I really wanted that most people seem to already have and pleasantly surprised to see I was able to add trunk pop button without the need for any additional hardware. just trying to figure out the pace car tail lights now.

Last edited:

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
Successfully disabled auto start stop permanently on my car. What an incredibly annoying thing that I could not permanently remove that, or at least create a feature that last remembered my choice. That alone made Carista & obdmx+ worth it for me. Obd11 could not do this on my model year (2021) but to be fair it did say it may not work.
What makes the OBDMX+ better than any other OBD2 adapter (e.g., Carista’s adapter which costs $100 less)?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What makes the OBDMX+ better than any other OBD2 adapter (e.g., Carista’s adapter which costs $100 less)?

The name has an X and a +. That's worth $100 alone.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
ob11 has gone to a pay-to-play policy. aka no more free credits. $2 every mod. want to change your blinkers to 5 blinks instead of 3? $2 please. want to change your car back to factory 3 blinks? another $2 please. oh, you pressed the button to do a mod and it didn't work even though your phone said it did? We'll still take that $2. etc.
Or do the coding for free which takes just an extra minute. All the lists with step by step are posted...no need for the apps which aren't great anyway because you get no record in your history to show what it actually did.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Or do the coding for free which takes just an extra minute. All the lists with step by step are posted...no need for the apps which aren't great anyway because you get no record in your history to show what it actually did.

That's the whole point of what we're talking about. If you bought OBD11 today, for $60, you can't do the coding, unless you buy a $50 annual subscription.

https://obdeleven.com/en/content/24-subscription

For $60, all you can do is basically scan and clear codes now.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got myself an M12 impact wrench to make swapping wheels easier, especially at the track. Having to do it in sweltering heat at Area 27 with only hand tools for wheels + brakes... never again.
293051554_385465460356289_2990633287996428270_n.png