GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Custom mudflaps arrived today…

BEAEE8C1-5177-42A9-91FE-C9E81E3B6882.jpeg

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Do you drive a tonka truck?
Ha! Driving that through my neighborhood would be a nightmare. RSe12’s w/ PS4’s for summer time, which in New England could be 6 months or could be 3 months.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Got my package from FCP and instead of EBC reds for the front brakes I received rod bearing for a bmw...
One of the things they did get right however

image_2022-04-20_165842342.png

Got the alignment dialed in perfectly first time w/ the seatbelt trick I saw on humble mechanic and man the shifts feel better than ever

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Not sure what you want exactly. The shifter is the oem euro/s3 short shifter. With delrin bushings in the cables.

Seatbelt trick is to wrap the drivers seat belt around the shifter when it's pinned to help prevent it from shifting to the right just a bit, as it naturally wants to do. Saw it in his recent video about installing the dap shifter in his mk8r. Also press down on the shifter when releasing the side to side catch to make sure there's not a tiny bit of slack

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Proper clock spring for my car to retrofit heated steering wheel... Mk8 wheel for me, but same clock spring if you go with MK7 heated wheel.

Little story behind this featuring @Nuje. He ordered this clock spring some time ago in preparation for his heated wheel retrofit, see his DIY here.

He ordered PN 5Q0953569C. The 569C supersedes 569B, which is the heated wheel version of the 569A that comes on most NAR Golfs.

Side note: There does not appear to be a superseding part number for the 569A, which is covered under that extended clock spring bulletin/warranty. They seem to be on perpetual back order.

Back to the story... @Nuje, in Canada, ordered a 569C and the only one showing in North America shipped from Los Angeles, where I live. Once it got there he found a box labeled 569C with a shiny 569A inside 🤬. Obviously no good so he returned that to VW and ordered a 569B from somewhere in Europe. It came, profit.

Fast forward and I order a 569C from my dealer here in Los Angeles. Only one of them showing in North America, coming from Canada. The same place where a 569C box had been returned 😵‍💫. Now I'm scared, haha.

But luckily for me his part guy ordered an actual 569C to go in that box, shipping from Germany. And today I got that clock spring 😁.

PXL_20220422_003141650.jpgPXL_20220422_003218060.jpgPXL_20220422_003233393.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
lugs.jpgblanket.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Do they have them out yet? I thought I'd looked and not seen an application for those yet.
My bad. I was just asking. I don't know if they do or not, but a quick search shows they don't, which i guess you've already researched