GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also, what kind of gas you have access to up there? Just pump drivel like me, or corn available?

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ahh, yes. I fondly remember the those days you're in now... The days of "I just need the turbo, HPFP, and tune. Ezpz, I'll be all set!" And then, well... you know the rest.

View attachment 231160
I'm still in those days though I have foughten off the urge to go further several times at this point. I have even gone as far as.to purchase the additional sensors but nothing else.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm still in those days though I have foughten off the urge to go further several times at this point. I have even gone as far as.to purchase the additional sensors but nothing else.

This is as far as I'll go. I have no interest in MPI (yes, yes... I know I said that about LPFP 🤣), and I don't really see the point of trying to push past 450hp on a FWD car. Especially one that never sees the track. Current plan is hang on to it like this for probably another 3 - 4 years, then buy a slightly used 2022 S3. Those cars look incredible...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No corn. But I got Petro 94.

So sightly better drivel than our New England 93.

Who you going with for tuning?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Depends on your results

Well, no pressure at all here :ROFLMAO:

I plan on getting a Draggy soon, so I'll have those results to compare when both are finished. If you're just a hard numbers guy, It'll probably be after winter before I have any kind of dyno numbers for comparison.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Nah man. I'm learning a lot from your thread. I like how you're expressing what matters to you, what you find weird etc... And then it's learning from the boys that went through it and their comments. You're doing a big thing for the community - I appreciate it and I'm sure others do as well.

I hope that I just bring another data point with this rare turbo and pay it forward to someone else that's considering it.

It most likely won't perform as well as the vortex, especially in terms of spool, but the boys at Hpa know their turbo vw's and I'm pretty sure this is going to be one hell of a turbo that I'll enjoy on this car as well as the next. Pretty pumped.

I'm gonna keep it on my desk and eye fuck it for like five months now. Amazing.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
1637637462975.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm gonna keep it on my desk and eye fuck it for like five months now. Amazing.

Dear lord. I lasted a week before I bought a second tune because I wasn't getting the base map from my first one quick enough...

5 months? Self imposed turbo blue balls.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
This is as far as I'll go. I have no interest in MPI (yes, yes... I know I said that about LPFP 🤣), and I don't really see the point of trying to push past 450hp on a FWD car. Especially one that never sees the track. Current plan is hang on to it like this for probably another 3 - 4 years, then buy a slightly used 2022 S3. Those cars look incredible...

no RS3?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

A pre-owned s3 vs a pre-owned rs3 is quite a bit of a jump in a monthly expense

https://www.carmax.com/cars/preview...ld_BNsq79Au-yteMaUBoCEYEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/WUABWGFF5J1904131

It’s the same way a golf R holds its value better than a GTI, just in a larger scale

I love the new design of the Audi 3 series. But I imagine in 3 - 4 years, a 2022 RS3 will still be $60k+, where the S3 would be around half of that.