GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I tried to go down the hole...but I got stuck. I ended up sticking to some pretty simple cross overs and didn't do a lot to the eq. Still sounds way better than stock.
I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole with this. Just annoyed with the growing weirdness of my Helix (I don't think I caused it but anything is possible). The increased power coupled with ability to adjust crossovers should be enough to keep my happy. Already have aftermarket speakers in the doors but I remember reading that there may be some resistor weirdness hidden in the wiring so I'm going to check that out. And I want to tame my sub. There's a big cabin gain peak, not sure the exactly where in the frequency range but should be easy enough to figure out with the 30 band EQ.

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I really don't want to go down the rabbit hole with this. Just annoyed with the growing weirdness of my Helix (I don't think I caused it but anything is possible). The increased power coupled with ability to adjust crossovers should be enough to keep my happy. Already have aftermarket speakers in the doors but I remember reading that there may be some resistor weirdness hidden in the wiring so I'm going to check that out. And I want to tame my sub. There's a big cabin gain peak, not sure the exactly where in the frequency range but should be easy enough to figure out with the 30 band EQ.
I never saw any resistors in the wiring or the wiring diagram, but the tweeters have a capacitor as a cross over; I'm guessing you took care of that when you installed aftermarket. I used a JL FiX that cleaned up the signal a lot and put it out pretty flat , so tuning did not require a lot. Have fun!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
AD129B27-D92A-45DC-9E25-BEA98801E7F7.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
^Those are fun, however I recently swapped mine out for a TurboSmart dual-port. The constant light-throttle air whoosh noises were starting to remind me of the steam vent sound when ironing clothes. I do miss the high pitched venting sound though when shifting at full boost.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Technically, I got it last night, but I got a stage 1 DSG tune file from EQT. Didn't expect to get it is as fast as I did...I sent the order in at 1930 CST and the file like an hour later. My ECU tune from them was pretty quick too.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
^Those are fun, however I recently swapped mine out for a TurboSmart dual-port. The constant light-throttle air whoosh noises were starting to remind me of the steam vent sound when ironing clothes. I do miss the high pitched venting sound though when shifting at full boost.

I pulled the snow diverter our first... I get that sound you’re taking about. Sounds like a boost leak. Wondering if I could adjust that to give more turbo sound... or does the diverter valve bleed off boost to act like a cold side wastegate of sorts?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I pulled the snow diverter our first... I get that sound you’re taking about. Sounds like a boost leak. Wondering if I could adjust that to give more turbo sound... or does the diverter valve bleed off boost to act like a cold side wastegate of sorts?
Well mine was just a atmospheric spacer, so no adjustment available. There is however an adjustable one from... go fast bits? I think is what they are called. Has an adjustable lever on it to make sound more or less.

https://www.urotuning.com/products/...FOgZe68rlTivsHZDD5JPGidfnlmHepthoCsGkQAvD_BwE

^That

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Waiting on my doorstep!

Attachments

• FF3111CA-35FE-4205-B4C0-F5A0896A9E21.jpeg
    FF3111CA-35FE-4205-B4C0-F5A0896A9E21.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
After getting walked by a Kia stinger GT on the highway last night - my ego decided to speak. I will also be ordering either a tpc20 or tpc38 on Monday. Enough is enough.

View attachment 227530
TPC20 and 38 are not available. I’ve heard TPC will be releasing new turbos soon.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
TPC20 and 38 are not available. I’ve heard TPC will be releasing new turbos soon.
No rush. I'm not planning to install before spring anyway. I have a driveway and not a garage. A Canadian winter is coming my way soon.

But either way I gotta go with tpc. When you factor exchange rates, duties brokerage etc.... They're really the only valuable play for us here in Canada.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
No rush. I'm not planning to install before spring anyway. I have a driveway and not a garage. A Canadian winter is coming my way soon.

But either way I gotta go with tpc. When you factor exchange rates, duties brokerage etc.... They're really the only valuable play for us here in Canada.
I have a V1 TPC20 waiting to go in this fall along with Precision Racing 1300cc MPI kit and Walbro 525 pump. Should be fun come springtime!