GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why would that make the wheels more dirty? Seems like that would blow the dust off more.

This is correct. The sides of my white GTI are always filthy with brake dust since adding the GT3 ducts, then replacing with RS3 ducts. It gathers in the door jams too. I wash it weekly and it's non-stop brake dust. I use Powerstop Z26 pads for street and autocross and their track day pad for track. I've been trying to get them to make the more aggressive Track Day Spec for the 4 pot Brembos, but they do make the Track Day Spec for PP fronts.

I'm wondering if splash guards might help, but likely not.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
This is correct. The sides of my white GTI are always filthy with brake dust since adding the GT3 ducts, then replacing with RS3 ducts. It gathers in the door jams too. I wash it weekly and it's non-stop brake dust. I use Powerstop Z26 pads for street and autocross and there track day pad for track. I've been trying to get them to make the more aggressive Track Day Spec for the 4 pot Brembos, but they do make the Track Day Spec for PP fronts.

I'm wondering if splash guards might help, but likely not.
Maybe mud flaps that poke out at least 2”?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don’t watch sports.

I'm with you. I'll watch them socially as a reason to hang out with friends, eat wings, and drink a few beers. But that's about it. Not my thing.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Came home to some boxes waiting for me. My farkle GTI puddle light projector things, and and a set of 15mm spacers for the meth-head wheels. Also my ‘22 tabs finally arrived so I can actually drive the GTI. Sadly I got a wicked sunburn so I’m avoiding sitting against anything right now... yanking and banking in the Rabbit would fuck my world up.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I'm with you. I'll watch them socially as a reason to hang out with friends, eat wings, and drink a few beers. But that's about it. Not my thing.

my domestic life partner’s whole family are the atypical mid-west sports ball people. It makes them confused and uncomfortable when I shrug and stare blankly at them during any conversation. In 1.5 decades they still haven’t learned IDGAF about any of it, and am unhappy that I pay for two sports ball parks I’ll never set foot in.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
my domestic life partner’s whole family are the atypical mid-west sports ball people. It makes them confused and uncomfortable when I shrug and stare blankly at them during any conversation. In 1.5 decades they still haven’t learned IDGAF about any of it, and am unhappy that I pay for two sports ball parks I’ll never set foot in.
I’ve never understood it either bro. That has to be the most homoerotic thing, watching a bunch of men in tight clothes with so much intent.

I like watching motor sports, I’ll watch chess played at a high level, and I enjoy boxing (depending on who’s fighting)

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I’ve never understood it either bro. That has to be the most homoerotic thing, watching a bunch of men in tight clothes with so much intent.

I like watching motor sports, I’ll watch chess played at a high level, and I enjoy boxing (depending on who’s fighting)

You don’t like baseball... are you even Cuban, B?