GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I didn't really get it in the mail or bring it home (unless you count when the filament arrived), but this jack puck I found the files for on Thingiverse was pretty handy today. I printed it solid in PLA+ and it held up pretty well. I am going to try and see if I can modify the design for my jack stands and then I am going to print it out in nylon.

Attachments

• jackpuck.jpg
    jackpuck.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I would like to hear your thoughts on them. They are local to me. I'm between them and EQT coilovers when the time comes

I'm going on vacation next week so it won't happen till May but I will post up a review.

Aren’t they the same but with different colors?

All the ~$1k coilovers probably come from the same factory but at least ORT doesn't charge you extra to change your spring rates. I think someone else was trying to get custom spring rates from EQT and not only did he have to pay more but there were some problems with getting him the spring rates he wanted.

I went with ORT because of how customizable they are. I called ORT and asked if it's the same valving across all spring rates or if they change the valving for the different spring rates and they said it was the latter.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Nice!! I actually looked at those... good spring rate

I'm wondering if it will be too stiff or tail happy but I wanted to stick with the factory ratio instead of getting something like a 10k/6k split from EQT and then putting a big bar on the back.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Picked up the VW No spill Funnel kit off FCP Euro along with the Step 1 and 2 4 cyl additive kits and a compression tester (finally). Probably do the engine flush today and swap out to some MolyGen while I track down some possible leaks and then finish my compression test, and plug/coil swap today.
20210327_115600.jpg

Had two little collections of possibly oil when the car was on ramps for prolonged periods of time while I was swapping out the DP. Nothing prior or after, so I assume the angle of the ramps had something that was collecting elsewhere finally leak down. Figure some MolyGen and a UV flashlight should hopefully help.

Also bought two of the Step 1 4 cyl kits if anyone in SoCal wants to buy one for $45. :ROFLMAO:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/4-cyl-additive-kit-step-1-liqui-moly-lmk0001

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Got the upper timing chain cover bolts in the mail today. Shipping from Latvia (e-acca) took three days.
My local dealer refused to share bolt PN with me. Not surprised.
I now have everything I need to replace the cover gasket and camshaft manget seals and finally eliminate a slow oil leak from the cover.
20210329_204632.jpg