GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Completely off topic, but not too long ago I was supposed to be relocated to Charlotte from Chicago for work, but then the pandemic changed everything. I was looking forward to it for a number of reasons; weather, proximity to family, cost of living, easier access to Jake's parts and knowledge, etc. Not necessarily in that order, lol!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Completely off topic, but not too long ago I was supposed to be relocated to Charlotte from Chicago for work, but then the pandemic changed everything. I was looking forward to it for a number of reasons; weather, proximity to family, cost of living, easier access to Jake's parts and knowledge, etc. Not necessarily in that order, lol!

Hopefully it works out for you eventually, weather alone is more than enough reason to ditch the rust belt for the Carolinas!

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Hopefully it works out for you eventually, weather alone is more than enough reason to ditch the rust belt for the Carolinas!
Thanks, it will eventually, just not as soon as I'd hoped. I'm at the age now that I'm tired of dealing with snow, so I would definitely prefer the winters there, but the flip side is the summers will take some getting used to. Most of my family lives in NC, SC, & GA, so I've visited often enough to know that for this Yankee, the summers are HOT! (Still looking forward to moving from Yankee to damn Yankee status eventually)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks, it will eventually, just not as soon as I'd hoped. I'm at the age now that I'm tired of dealing with snow, so I would definitely prefer the winters there, but the flip side is the summers will take some getting used to. Most of my family lives in NC, SC, & GA, so I've visited often enough to know that for this Yankee, the summers are HOT! (Still looking forward to moving from Yankee to damn Yankee status eventually)

Yeah whenever I feel the urge to complain about the heat I remember wrenching on stuff in the snow up north and zip it lol.

My fingers and toes hurt just thinking about it.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
BFI shift knob. Purchased on the 13th of December and just received it today!!

384936C4-4B51-481A-9636-EFE5DD27BF7C.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
First part of gti transmission going in
20210119_211215.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Got parking aid/assist coded. Also placed cardboard boxes around the car at each of the locations and all the sensors seem to be working, so I'm going to call this retrofit complete, haha. I do still have a "missing message" fault if I scan the module but my VCDS interface is too old to give me the details. It's not stopping any functionality as far as I can tell. I need to upgrade my interface for some other coding I want to do so I'll get to the bottom of it at that point.
IMG_20210120_065346.jpgIMG_20210120_065421.jpgIMG_20210120_065445.jpgIMG_20210120_065455.jpgIMG_20210120_065540.jpgIMG_20210120_065547.jpg

Edit: this post is in the wrong thread 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Nothing too exciting, just maintenance supplies for 45k mile service. I doubt the APR coil packs will make any difference, but they do look cool.

A14A5C48-751F-4004-8B0E-E74A230957C9.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I wasn't planning on doing this, but I had a buddy who needed a favor and this was partial payment. I really haven't driven much at all over the past year and now with company policy changes it appears I'm WFH 90% of the time indefinitely. So.... priorities change and I'm looking forward to attending some driving events in the spring. Of course, before any of that, I need to get my WP/T-stat looked at as I noticed fluid on the belly pan the other day. :rolleyes:.

IMG_0347.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I wasn't planning on doing this, but I had a buddy who needed a favor and this was partial payment. I really haven't driven much at all over the past year and now with company policy changes it appears I'm WFH 90% of the time indefinitely. So.... priorities change and I'm looking forward to attending some driving events in the spring. Of course, before any of that, I need to get my WP/T-stat looked at as I noticed fluid on the belly pan the other day. :rolleyes:.

View attachment 200624
awwww yeah! I'll be seeing that at BOTD.....nice pull. Jake keeps talking me out of a bbk.....at least three times now lol