GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What's in the box?
IMG_20210113_123235.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Haha, I didn't even zoom in on the picture to see if that part number was legible... But yes, black interior conversion in progress. I'm still waiting for somebody to PM me after they walk away scratch free from a rear impact that totals their car wanting to sell me their sun visors and non fender A pillars.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
So, my options are either:

A) Use the ECS breather hose kit, and just use my stock TIP. Maybe eventually get a new replacement. While I know aftermarket flow more air, I question if they're really necessary or a restriction.
B) Either return or sell the ECS breather hose, buy an OEM, use the CTS TIP I already have.
C) Buy a new TIP, and use the ECS breather hose kit.

Those are ranked in order of what will most likely happen.
Go with the MST TIP. can confirm it fits with the ECS hose and allegedly has the best flow (admittedly, can't say that matters).

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Because f*** me running... The headliner in this box does not match the labels on the outside of the box. Should have been a black Mk7 headliner with no sunroof. Instead it's a gray headliner for an Mk5 with a sunroof.
Hopefully it's not from e-acca.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Hopefully it's not from e-acca.
Nope, from my local dealer of choice. Parts manager looked into it a little bit and saw that it was returned to the dealership that sent it here. I don't know if their system keeps notes as to the reason for a return but it being a part from a completely different generation seems like a good reason.

This one only had to come from Sacramento down to LA but the next available one he could source is in New Jersey. It'll take at least a week to make it across the country.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Nope, from my local dealer of choice. Parts manager looked into it a little bit and saw that it was returned to the dealership that sent it here. I don't know if their system keeps notes as to the reason for a return but it being a part from a completely different generation seems like a good reason.

This one only had to come from Sacramento down to LA but the next available one he could source is in New Jersey. It'll take at least a week to make it across the country.

yeah... headliners are a hot commodity. Not easy to come by one that isn’t spoken for for a warranty replacement lol

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Not parts for the car, but tools for the car are good too.

Attachments

• 20210113_182019.jpg
    20210113_182019.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Go with the MST TIP. can confirm it fits with the ECS hose and allegedly has the best flow (admittedly, can't say that matters).

Honestly, I can't justify the cost. It's a metal 90* elbow, that like you said, can't even be proven matters. Sure, Jeff did all the testing to show which ones flow more air, but as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any actual testing that the stock TIP is a restriction to an IS20, even when tuned.

If anything, I'd drop the stock on back on for now, get rid of my v1 CTS one in the classifieds, and add a little more money to get the v2 CTS one as it's the cheapest available, and looks to have rectified the angled connector that would cause the upgraded breather hose to not work.

While I'm not an advocate of "get the cheapest one available" for many things, like I said, it's a metal 90* elbow, and really doesn't have much room for failure.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, I can't justify the cost. It's a metal 90* elbow, that like you said, can't even be proven matters. Sure, Jeff did all the testing to show which ones flow more air, but as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any actual testing that the stock TIP is a restriction to an IS20, even when tuned.

If anything, I'd drop the stock on back on for now, get rid of my v1 CTS one in the classifieds, and add a little more money to get the v2 CTS one as it's the cheapest available, and looks to have rectified the angled connector that would cause the upgraded breather hose to not work.

While I'm not an advocate of "get the cheapest one available" for many things, like I said, it's a metal 90* elbow, and really doesn't have much room for failure.
Is there a consensus as to when the stock TIP is a restriction? is38 and up?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is there a consensus as to when the stock TIP is a restriction? is38 and up?

Personally, I don't have an answer to that question (if it even exists).

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

A) Use the ECS breather hose kit, and just use my stock TIP. Maybe eventually get a new replacement. While I know aftermarket flow more air, I question if they're really necessary or a restriction.
B) Either return or sell the ECS breather hose, buy an OEM, use the CTS TIP I already have.

Try test fit it. Maybe it can fit. I don't want you to do what I did; install plate to PCV, connect fitting, connect hose to plate, connect hose to TIP aaaaaand then...... take everything off and put everything back.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg

I went with the ECS TIP, that way the upgraded PCV breather kit was guaranteed to fit. I'm sure it doesn't make any performance difference, but I didn't like the idea of the stock plastic one going through so many temperature cycles since it's so close to the turbo and I'm in a cold climate.