GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I would contact Ed and send photos. I’ve had two pairs of lights from them and both looked pretty much perfect.

I will be contacting Ed tomorrow. I’m glad to hear your experience with his lights has been good. I decided on his vs Helix due to his reputation. Maybe a manufacturing issue due to covid or something

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Show up tonight... quality is insane any ones who’s ever seen or worked with fiberglass/FRP or Poly body kits I’m sure has seen the condition of most “paint ready” products, lol. The top coat of this product is defect free.

Front fenders should come in this weeks also, little wider than stock so I can dial back this excessive front - camber and get so MUCH needed traction back. Haha

53203B37-4DEC-4E0D-9E59-AA85ADF96201.jpeg

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Installed the powerflex diesel dogbone poly insert, needed LOTS of lube to push it in :LOL: I like it! I had the APR stainless steel insert before it, slightly more vibes so far but it’s only been a couple of klms, seems stiffer but we will see. The rubber mount seems to be holding up ok, I was surprised.

Also got obd 11 turned off starting vibration reduction, next I’m going to code in to be able to turn off esc in the inforainment(no traction control button for 1.8t) and turn off my dash light saying my licence plate lights are burnt out since I’ve switched them to LED. Figuring out how to use obd is harder then I expected! Lol

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Installed the powerflex diesel dogbone poly insert, needed LOTS of lube to push it in :LOL: I like it! I had the APR stainless steel insert before it, slightly more vibes so far but it’s only been a couple of klms, seems stiffer but we will see. The rubber mount seems to be holding up ok, I was surprised.

Also got obd 11 turned off starting vibration reduction, next I’m going to code in to be able to turn off esc in the inforainment(no traction control button for 1.8t) and turn off my dash light saying my licence plate lights are burnt out since I’ve switched them to LED. Figuring out how to use obd is harder then I expected! Lol
what does turning off starting vib reduct do again?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Here's a follow up to my previous post regarding Ed's (BEC) reps.
I've attached some pics.

I'm seeing some trim pieces that look like they are misaligned and also some sloppy paintwork.

I reached out to Ed to show him the quality issues and this was his response:

"Thanks for the photos, I will show it to the factory for their quality control improvements.
But, from past experience, their painting isn’t always perfect so this maybe expected. If something was actually broken, or over 50% unpainted, etc we can look into replacing it, but not for this situation."

Upon requesting a return/refund:

"Sure, you need to pay for the return shipping if you just decide to change your mind.
It’s a lot cheaper for me to send you a return label, if you want to do that, it will be $90. If you try to return yourself without a business account, it will be $120+.
Let me know if you want to do it that way, and I send you an invoice for the return label.
Your other option is to try and sell it locally…
Let me know what you want to do."

I've reached out to a couple other forum members and they confirmed that they did not see the same level of imperfections as seen in the set I received.

I can live with some small imperfections, and would expect as much. But this seems unreasonable. I've waited over a month for these (pre-ordered the day they went up on his site) and I am pretty disappointed. I expected more in terms of quality and customer service.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Here's a follow up to my previous post regarding Ed's (BEC) reps.
I've attached some pics.

I'm seeing some trim pieces that look like they are misaligned and also some sloppy paintwork.

I reached out to Ed to show him the quality issues and this was his response:

"Thanks for the photos, I will show it to the factory for their quality control improvements.
But, from past experience, their painting isn’t always perfect so this maybe expected. If something was actually broken, or over 50% unpainted, etc we can look into replacing it, but not for this situation."

Upon requesting a return/refund:

"Sure, you need to pay for the return shipping if you just decide to change your mind.
It’s a lot cheaper for me to send you a return label, if you want to do that, it will be $90. If you try to return yourself without a business account, it will be $120+.
Let me know if you want to do it that way, and I send you an invoice for the return label.
Your other option is to try and sell it locally…
Let me know what you want to do."

I've reached out to a couple other forum members and they confirmed that they did not see the same level of imperfections as seen in the set I received.

I can live with some small imperfections, and would expect as much. But this seems unreasonable. I've waited over a month for these (pre-ordered the day they went up on his site) and I am pretty disappointed. I expected more in terms of quality and customer service.
I've looked at the pictures twice and I can't see anything wrong. I think these look fine (as far as I don't see the issue) so maybe its not too bad unless you really know what the issue is. Also maybe the pictures arn't that good idn. I would say thats somewhat fair though of a response from ED, I'm sure they have QC somewhere in their process, I assume shipping lights is a special type of delivery and having them sent back to him is a risk so he pays through the tooth

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I've looked at the pictures twice and I can't see anything wrong. I think these look fine (as far as I don't see the issue) so maybe its not too bad unless you really know what the issue is. Also maybe the pictures arn't that good idn. I would say thats somewhat fair though of a response from ED, I'm sure they have QC somewhere in their process, I assume shipping lights is a special type of delivery and having them sent back to him is a risk so he pays through the tooth

I think its the poor paint coverage of the black paint at the bottom edge.

Personally if I bought replica headlights I wouldn't expect OEM quality at less than half the price...

Can this paint defect even be seen from a normal standing distance?