GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What do these things do that the sigma ssk doesn't already address?

Not the superpin. I know what that's for. What does that bracket and bushings do?

I've done ssk, ss clutch line, delay and swirl valve deletes. Its pretty good now. Preettaaay preeettaaaayyy good.
Our bracket is plastic with rubber bushing, so this removes any potential flex, doubt it will be noticeable really. But for the 80 something bucks I spent on them it’s worth the piece of mind.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Our bracket is plastic with rubber bushing, so this removes any potential flex, doubt it will be noticeable really. But for the 80 something bucks I spent on them it’s worth the piece of mind.

Where does that bracket go? Inside the cabin at the lever somewhere? I don't remember seeing anything like that under the hood.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
It's down where the cables come through the firewall, you need to have your battery tray out to have any real access to it, on top of the transmission case.

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I was searching for a complete dogbone/pendulum upgrade and it slowly turned to “while you got the subframe dropped, might as well do this and that”. Somehow I’ve ended up with all these parts in the mail in the last several weeks. ECE S3 dogbone/pendulum, A3 subframe, bfi LCAs, whiteline 24mm solid FSB, and Tyrolsport deadset kit. Just need a couple new stretch bolts and in she goes!
21E450AE-992E-447A-9DBB-06C6ED89D228.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't know what part is real and what part is placebo but I went aluminum subframe and control arms a few months back, with upper/lower pendulum mounts... Love the way the car feels now... I do regret not going dead set kit while I was down that rabbit hole, guess I have more restraint than @uranorab8, lol.

On the other hand my current project speaks to it a distinct lack of restraint...
IMG_20201025_150646.jpg

Two of three required accelerometers for DCC retrofit, I'll clean these up with a soft brush and soapy water... then one of them will be installed under some rear trim in the car and never be seen again.

And a connector for the rear left level sensor...
IMG_20201025_152756.jpg

Turns out that AliExpress DCC harness expects that your car already has this level sensor, which would be connected to the headlight range module for LP cars. Existing wiring would then be connected to the DCC module which would provide that leveling data to the headlight module via can bus. I don't have the LP so I'm adding that level sensor. This is the connector you need.

Last edited:

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I don't know what part is real and what part is placebo but I went aluminum subframe and control arms a few months back, with upper/lower pendulum mounts... Love the way the car feels now... I do regret not going dead set kit while I was down that rabbit hole, guess I have more restraint than @uranorab8, lol.

On the other hand my current project speaks to it a distinct lack of restraint...
View attachment 189806

Two of three required accelerometers for DCC retrofit, I'll clean these up with a soft brush and soapy water... then one of them will be installed under some rear trim in the car and never be seen again.

And a connector for the rear left level sensor...
View attachment 189807
Turns out that AliExpress DCC harness expects that your car already has this level sensor, which would be connected to the headlight range module for LP cars. Existing wiring would then be connected to the DCC module which would provide that leveling data to the headlight module via can bus. I don't have the LP so I'm adding that level sensor. This is the connector you need.
Good Luck with the install! That’s going to be one hell of an undertaking, I installed the nicer mib2 infotainment and glass display in my car a few months ago and it stands to be one of my favorite factory mods. I can only imagine that this is similar and probably harder with all the wiring and electronic wizardry going on for this upgrade.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I have everything except the pin i believe, I would like to do it, but taking the whole console cover off seems like a pita, good luck with the install
Already did it over the weekend.

Hardest part was finagling the console our over the e brake handle.

But the results are 100% worth it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
good to hear, I know another person on here who tried and broke some clips and had to source the cover. yikes
haha! Guess they don’t have google 😂

The center console as a whole is not clipped in, it’s all bolted down with either a t20 or t30 depending on the location. Just some extra items are “clips”

Cliff note:

1.Remove shifter boot and knob
2. Remove cubby tray (pull straight out, it’s held in with only tension) unplug usb connector)
3. Remove hvac trim and controls, 2 t20 screws, and 4 push type pins) unplugs 2 connectors
4. Remove shifter boots outer trim, 2 t20 screws, and unplug start button and mode button.
5. Lift Ebrake Handle as high as possible and remove the boot,2” cover in front and Little metal Bar connector
6. Slide the center console door forward an inch and pull on the rear cover where the rear vents are straight back and it will pop right off
7. Unbolt console, 2 t20s In the front, 2 t30s on the sides, 2 t30s in the back.

Then just lift the console out.
2CC72671-112A-410A-99F0-24BCB7A4DD5D.jpeg

FACCF892-D943-4F90-9856-1982819C693F.jpeg