GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Proper crash bar... tried to save money and order from eBay, was supposedly the right part number, but it's shorter than my factory one 🤦🏿‍♂️
IMG_20200912_141639.jpg

New, proper one...
IMG_20200916_214019.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
IS38 from shopdap.
20200917_184356.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Why not FCP Euro?
Reasons. But really though, the warranty thing here isn't that big of a deal to me as I *believe* IHI will warranty it anyway for at least a year (checking on this)...I like to support the DAP folks. I get some stuff from FCP, good place and yes the lifetime warranty thing is v. good.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
One of my 5500k Morimoto HID bulbs is dying. Pretty short lifespan of 2.5 years, but what can you expect for like 1/8th of the cost of Osram's?

So I order a replacement set, open the box and the geniuses packed one 5500k and one 6500k bulb :mad:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
bummer man! did you use the same part # when you ordered the second time?
Same part number but I ordered it from the dealer. Once I had my crash bar out I could see the obvious size difference but also a difference in the welding. Which isn't to say the welding on the non-OEM unit isn't good, they just didn't weld the length of every seam like OEM.

This is probably something I should have went with the dealer to purchase in the first place. A dealer about an hour away from me had it for 35% off. I couldn't find it for anything other than MSRP months ago when I bought the one off eBay. That discount is only a little bit less than what I paid for the eBay one so in the end this only cost me an extra $50ish... and some time. Even if it was the right size I would likely have ordered an OEN one anyway, don't want any weakness, perceived or real, in a crash.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Part #1/8 Autotech hpfp internals
Part #2/8 GTi hpfp
Part #3/8 iabed rms because if you're changing your clutch, why not
Part #4/8 South Bend Stage 3 endurance clutch
Part #5/8 Fuel-It ethanol kit
Part #6/8 Pinion Shaft Brace

Part #7/8 Reflect Tuning Flasher
20200918_175420.jpg

getting so close, can't stand it. Unfortunately, part 8 of 8 is still a couple of weeks out. And it might turn into 9, not sure yet.