GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
srs? why would they swap them out....

I did google the number from an earlier one and saw $12 I may do it for that price.
The fobs come from the factory with a shorter generic black plastic end that is swapped out for slightly larger chrome GTI/R ones.

You can also buy a shorter chrome end. I may have the PN somewhere....

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Good choice, I had those on my Mk7
Thanks man, can't wait to get them on. My calipers are ETA June 22 because of a back order on the passenger side.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Now you need to get the 'shorter' key fob end piece so that the cover fits properly. PN is around here somewhere.

No need, buy these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32892666151.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4ddKvTXy

They fit our keys perfectly. Its made for the extended key fob.
IMG_20200618_134611.jpgIMG_20200618_134619.jpgIMG_20200618_134601.jpg

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The fobs come from the factory with a shorter generic black plastic end that is swapped out for slightly larger chrome GTI/R ones.

You can also buy a shorter chrome end. I may have the PN somewhere....
Here you go.

FC2EE450-C686-4FFA-8F75-08727CE41062.jpeg
1ED1E58E-91C9-4DDA-82D4-B96C5EA5401A.jpeg

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Except those look like a certain president’s skin. And only 3 buttons. Assuming 4 button versions available.

Yeah true, forgot about that, it is a 3 button cover. But I know the location of the alarm and hatch button so it doesn't bother me. I don't want to downgrade the key to the plastic shortened version.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah true, forgot about that, it is a 3 button cover. But I know the location of the alarm and hatch button so it doesn't bother me. I don't want to downgrade the key to the plastic shortened version.
Well you could get short/chrome instead. But really the plastic option would be fine for me given it’s behind this silicone cover anyway. 👍🏻

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Well you could get short/chrome instead. But really the plastic option would be fine for me given it’s behind this silicone cover anyway. 👍🏻

True but I still get to see the GTI logo on mine. Between seeing 3v4 button design and losing the logo, I'll take the 3 button design. I'm sure some people will prefer the functional side and seeing the 4 buttons.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

gtg223x

Passed Driver's Ed
Got some Space Grey SuperWrap for the wheels, would have preferred blacked out but the wife likes a stock car so this was a compromise. Hopefully it will look good against darker gray body.

Attachments

• Space-Grey-Sprayable-Vinyl-Paint-Wheels-6-800x800.jpg
    Space-Grey-Sprayable-Vinyl-Paint-Wheels-6-800x800.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 105

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Got some Space Grey SuperWrap for the wheels, would have preferred blacked out but the wife likes a stock car so this was a compromise. Hopefully it will look good against darker gray body.

Oh shit, did not know this existed. Keep me posted on difficulty and sending some pics after. I'd love to do this.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Oh shit, did not know this existed. Keep me posted on difficulty and sending some pics after. I'd love to do this.
Is that plastidip or straight out vinyl wrap???

Edit...just went to their site and watched some vids....very similar.

Last edited: