GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Pineapple

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI S
More fresh components for the suspension: moog endlinks, mk8r lca's, and another set and a half of hardware. And a grease gun lol. After this I think I'm doing brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_8208.jpeg
    IMG_8208.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
View attachment 306175

View attachment 306176

I give up on making rubber or poly bushings live in that rear LCA location.

So why the heavy failure on those? I mean I know tracking a car provides heavy abuse to components, more so than say autox or street driving. But I’m sitting at well over 60+ autox events, some street driving, and my powerflex bushings are fine upon last inspecting last month.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
So why the heavy failure on those? I mean I know tracking a car provides heavy abuse to components, more so than say autox or street driving. But I’m sitting at well over 60+ autox events, some street driving, and my powerflex bushings are fine upon last inspecting last month.

The car has seen just under 30 days on track at this point (about 12 per year).

Having stock suspension travel probably doesn't help the matter, but I've worn out

1. the stock bushings over the first year tracking it

2. ripped set #1 of BFI bushings over year number two with the car, so...

3. kept an eye on BFI bushing set #2 I put in and sure enough they were starting to separate from the outer sleeve after just one weekend at VIR... So

4. I installed some Whiteline poly spherical bushings (came with KCA462), which failed (ripped) literally the day after install after 9 runs of autocross between me and my codriver.

I've had the OEM MK8 bushings in as a temporary measure, no signs of failure after a 3-day weekend at VIR - but I'm running the Whiteline ball joints which lost me a bunch of caster, so I really need a caster correcting bushing to get some/most of that back.

Attachments

• IMG_8331.jpeg
    IMG_8331.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8330.jpeg
    IMG_8330.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8329.jpeg
    IMG_8329.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8290.jpeg
    IMG_8290.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8055.jpeg
    IMG_8055.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8054.jpeg
    IMG_8054.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7090.jpeg
    IMG_7090.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7084.jpeg
    IMG_7084.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7088.jpeg
    IMG_7088.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_8318.jpeg
    IMG_8318.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
LMK how you like that and what install is like, was looking into those awhile ago. Don't remember who recommended VIOFO tho.
Install will be cake as this one is actually going in the Atlas, which has a usb -c port right in the rearview mirror base. I really want the A229 but I got this one as it was cheaper and I can see if I like it or not, then get the A229 for the GTI. The cam itself is a mini-usb, so I had to order a cable, that comes in tomorrow.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 GFG GTI DSG
Install will be cake as this one is actually going in the Atlas, which has a usb -c port right in the rearview mirror base. I really want the A229 but I got this one as it was cheaper and I can see if I like it or not, then get the A229 for the GTI. The cam itself is a mini-usb, so I had to order a cable, that comes in tomorrow.
Wonder if the frameless mirror we can get for GTI's has a C port in the back since it's homelink 🤔

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

mike-y

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI / 2016 R
I have a Viofo A129 and it more than paid for itself 2 years ago when a Lyft driver decided to make a right turn from the left lane on my way to work. After we exchanged insurance information, I got a call from my insurance about repairs and paying my deductible. The dude had called them and said the accident was my fault.

sent the dashcam footage to my insurance, and also to the insurance rep from Lyft, and the next day got an email from the Lyft insurance (Allstate) stating their driver was 100% at fault, and they would be covering all the repairs and my deductible.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Tooning

1718919079837.png