GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
New tails landed. Knowing me it'll be 6+ months before I get a chance to install them 😑
Yea I waited too, then was mad at myself for waiting once I saw it all done and lit up those dynamic blinkers. Did you get the harness too?

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Succumbed and ordered power mirrors and the knock-off dark dynamic mirror signals.
Just in time for Christmas. They're.. uh.. a gift for my kid. Technically he did say he wanted to get them for the car.
new-stuff-1.jpg

Now @swcrow and @bobloblawGTI have me thinking i *need* those huge-ass BSM mirror caps and lights.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Succumbed and ordered power mirrors and the knock-off dark dynamic mirror signals.
Just in time for Christmas. They're.. uh.. a gift for my kid. Technically he did say he wanted to get them for the car.
View attachment 296071
Now @swcrow and @bobloblawGTI have me thinking i *need* those huge-ass BSM mirror caps and lights.

You do... Great QoL upgrade.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
View attachment 296071
Like Acadia said…you totally do…a fav mod already

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
View attachment 296071
Power folding + those BSM lights are easily the top quality of life mods for the car. Even my gf said "wow these new lights are way better" and she normally doesn't even notice (let alone care) about that sort of thing.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Not really the thread for it, but on the note of quality of life upgrades...
Some of the best money i spent on the car was the DDock for the mobile.
i *loved* my matching red USB cable, but going from this:
ddock1.jpg

To this:
ddock2.jpg

Was worth every penny. i also love that i can prop the mobile in there without plugging it in and nudge it in while driving if i actually need it.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Not really the thread for it, but on the note of quality of life upgrades...
Some of the best money i spent on the car was the DDock for the mobile.
i *loved* my matching red USB cable, but going from this:
View attachment 296079

To this:
View attachment 296080

Was worth every penny. i also love that i can prop the mobile in there without plugging it in and nudge it in while driving if i actually need it.
TIL D-docks is a thing. And they're sold out atm :( I hate having my phone loose in that compartment.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
24mm 12-point impact socket. Gonna attempt a front wheel bearing replacement this weekend I think. Honestly doesn’t look that difficult, and I did my brakes ~21k mi ago so most the bolts shouldn’t be too hard to break. (Famous last words)

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Yea I waited too, then was mad at myself for waiting once I saw it all done and lit up those dynamic blinkers. Did you get the harness too?
Yeah I got the bmp kit. Curious how it'll all work out. Their instructions say you need led reverse lights to avoid issues, but they're built into the tails themselves... 🧐

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Waterpump/Thermostat came in today. MK7 been leaking coolant these past few days. Haven't been able to drive it for 3 days. My original waterpump lasted me a long time. Went out at 104k miles for the first time. Installing it Friday. I already miss driving the MK7. I been driving my old corolla.