GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The one I use is from VanTop which doesn't come up on Amazon anymore. Looks like they might've rebranded to WOLFBOX instead, regardless they appear to be virtually the same.
With that said I've had mine since Dec 2020 and love it. I've had a few different dash cams like BlackVue and this has been my favorite without a doubt.
It's quick and easy to pull up recorded footage on the go, which is nice for me because I always pull out of my neighborhood wondering if I remembered to close the garage door.
When I used the dashcam footage in January to get my red light ticket dismissed the bailiff came up afterwards and asked where I got the dashcam from, and commented on "how clear" the footage was, lol
Here's the footage if you want to see the quality, although youtube downgrades it somewhat (also youtube tends plays in low quality embedded on here, playing it on the yt app/site is clearer)
wow that is really clear.....love it. Thanks for the input and vid

do you have the option of NOT having the rear view feed projected on mirror?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
They'll be like my neighbors... "did you get in an accident?"

My replacement euro lower engine cover came in, this time in one piece. Installed in all of 2 minutes.
LOL- Good friend of mine is heavy into Nissan's and his neighbors are super nosy (well the guy is anyway). The guy is like a retired Marine Colonel and I guess has nothing better to do. He turned one of his security cameras on the front corner of his house, to where it is now aimed at my friends garage door. One day while I was at my friends place picking up some parts, my friend pointed this out to me. Naturally I said something to the tune of "he shouldnt be like that, lets mess with him." So we devised a plan that later that night after dark, I would show up with a duffle bag, full of white gallon size ziploc bags of "this white stuff." Sure enough, I pull up in the drive, open my hatch and as my friend and I are looking at the duffel bag and he is holding one of the ziploc bags, Mr. Neighbor comes running out screaming "I got you!!" - We both laughed and asked if he had nothing better to do than observe us playing a trick on him with ziploc bags full of flour.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
wow that is really clear.....love it. Thanks for the input and vid

do you have the option of NOT having the rear view feed projected on mirror?
yes you can turn off the screen and it will reflect like a normal mirror, and the cams will keep recording

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Some meaty boy Summer rubber for the Tiguan 😅 they are spec’d for a Mercedes and have this foam added for extra sound control… specs said the tread width was only 1.5” wider than the specific 255 on the car now but these measure much bigger so in def. Worried about fitment lol.

C7985F46-1DD0-4EDC-8DFB-58B921D13475.jpeg
E8BA6768-C09C-46FD-B818-B1F3ECA2090C.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Some meaty boy Summer rubber for the Tiguan 😅 they are spec’d for a Mercedes and have this foam added for extra sound control… specs said the tread width was only 1.5” wider than the specific 255 on the car now but these measure much bigger so in def. Worried about fitment lol.

View attachment 275223View attachment 275224

you have possible fitment "issues" on ALL your cars lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
jack-nicholson-creepy-smile.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Got a Draw-Tite hitch, now I can actually transport my bikes.
3E0ABF31-D945-4A11-8AD5-6D691EC32BDD.jpeg