GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Package from e-acca: various aero trays/stone guards, aluminum subframe, and euro rear headrests.

Attachments

• 8219DF56-0A00-47E3-B4DD-17F63291DE53.jpeg
    8219DF56-0A00-47E3-B4DD-17F63291DE53.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 57

Imteyaz

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5R 2018.
2022>> 8Y RS3 control arms now use TT-RS bushings.....

View attachment 272764

Is this a straight swap or does it require the use of 8Y RS3 ball joints?

I was planning on using the Golf 8R LCA's (81A 407 151F and 81A 407 152F) - as far as I know, they have a slot in the bush (albeit smaller than the 'standard' size bush slot) the 8Y RS£ bushes are solid all the way through which would be my preference if the arm / geometry remains the same.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
Is this a straight swap or does it require the use of 8Y RS3 ball joints?

I was planning on using the Golf 8R LCA's (81A 407 151F and 81A 407 152F) - as far as I know, they have a slot in the bush (albeit smaller than the 'standard' size bush slot) the 8Y RS£ bushes are solid all the way through which would be my preference if the arm / geometry remains the same.
straight swap since the 8Y RS3 uses same ball joints as MK7 R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Charges very slowly. I want to order one and try to mod it to use an apple iPhone MagSafe puck to charge a bit faster.
If you're going to use a different charger you could save the money on buying this at all. Just modify your existing cubby. The wireless charging pad is the bottom of the OEM wireless charging cubby. Without it in there you just have a hole.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Charges very slowly. I want to order one and try to mod it to use an apple iPhone MagSafe puck to charge a bit faster.
I thought about this too, but my iPhone 11 doesn’t support MagSafe (not a dealbreaker since I’ll probably replace it this fall) but more challenging was how to power the charging puck. With the one USB port in the car for CarPlay (taken up by the wireless adapter) I tried using one of the two ports in the adapter itself, but couldn’t get it to deliver a charge with the Apple adapter (wired via the USB A worked though so there may be some hope.)

Slow charging (even if it just maintains the current charge level) with this will be fine with me; it’s primarily to prevent the significant battery drain when using wireless CarPlay. That is if I can figure out where all these wires and pins go… :ROFLMAO:

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
I thought about this too, but my iPhone 11 doesn’t support MagSafe (not a dealbreaker since I’ll probably replace it this fall) but more challenging was how to power the charging puck. With the one USB port in the car for CarPlay (taken up by the wireless adapter) I tried using one of the two ports in the adapter itself, but couldn’t get it to deliver a charge with the Apple adapter (wired via the USB A worked though so there may be some hope.)

Slow charging (even if it just maintains the current charge level) with this will be fine with me; it’s primarily to prevent the significant battery drain when using wireless CarPlay. That is if I can figure out where all these wires and pins go… :ROFLMAO:
Wireless CarPlay + wireless charging pad on medium length trips (roughly an hour) always result in my phone overheating and shutting down. iPhone 12 and 22.5 Tiguan/22 Atlas - YMMV

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
There is no end to the water coming out of the hatch after washing.
I have no water coming out of the hatch after I'm done.
I use the leaf blower on the wheels and grill, helps to get all the water out of the cracks. I keep meaning to try a drying aid, any suggestions?
I use Optimum Polymers Car Wax, OptiSeal or HyperSeal. OptiSeal and Car Wax are the easiest to use, as they are not ceramic based so you really can't screw up the application. Too much HyperSeal and the paint gets grabby... only good thing is that it last longer. I have also used Adams Detail Spray and H2O Guard and Gloss, Detail Spray is kinda like OPT Car Wax, but OPT last longer and I feel it easier to apply. Guard and Gloss feels like HyperSeal, where if you apply too much it dries quickly on the paint and feels grabby. By grabby I mean a rubber like feel.

Detail Spray, Guard and Gloss and Car Wax give you the best shine on dark and reddish colors, while the OptiSeal and HyperSeal look better in silver, white and other lighter colors.

One product I am dying to try is PolishAngel Cosmic Spritz... but I am holding for a while, at $75 the smallest container its a little to much just to try out if the results are not better than what I have now.,