GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Just be wary of 255 RT660's. They're closer to 275 in every other tire.
Good info. I'll remember this if I get a dedicated track tire.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Good info. I'll remember this if I get a dedicated track tire.

This is 255 40 17 V730 vs RT660. V730 were wider than the RE71R.

I would have done 245 40 17 if I'd known. Ok, well I did know, I just thought everyone was exaggerating.

They were not.

20220905_083751.jpg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI

I would have done 245 40 17 if I'd known. Ok, well I did know, I just thought everyone was exaggerating.

They were not.

View attachment 260054
I would ask to see the 255 and the 245 side by side. I ordered Nitto Invos for my GTO on 295/35/18 on 18x10 Forgestars and they bulged out when the 275/40/18 rubber band like. Ended up with Conti DW 285/40/18, those were nice and square and according to Tire Rack, the dimensions were supposed to be the same as the Nitto 295.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

They were not.

View attachment 260054

Bro I thought those were drinks right next to the vending machine and thought to myself "Who would pay for a soda when there's free beverages right there?"

Do not drink 5W-40 Penzoil 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also, I've never seen oil served like boxed wine...

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5

They were not.

View attachment 260054
Imagine the shop sent you this pic and was like hey we just snapped a photo of your tires after doing the 0w20 oil change like you asked..... and then you notice the label

instant regret

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
You are tuned on pump or running e blend? Were you running Ruth's and getting misfires up top?
93 pump, sorting out an irregular misfire issue up top. I was running ruths, switched to er10s which don't last long, car definitely runs smoother on the new Denso 5750s, especially at idle. Haven't done any pulls with them yet.

With over 80k miles on the clock I'm also looking to install:
  • New PVC valve (Maybe aftermarket catch can?)
  • New OEM Coils
  • New OEM injectors

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
93 pump, sorting out an irregular misfire issue up top. I was running ruths, switched to er10s which don't last long, car definitely runs smoother on the new Denso 5750s, especially at idle. Haven't done any pulls with them yet.

• New OEM Coils
  • New OEM injectors

Have the intake valves been cleaned?

I’d lean towards coil packs with it being up top & mileage (mine went over 100k but that’s not always the case).

Fuel mileage suddenly dropping off (and spark plug color) are normally signs of injector failure.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

• New OEM Coils
  • New OEM injectors
Exact same issue as you. Random cyl 3 misfire at 7k on 94 E10, I'm gonna swap out the ruth's and see if it makes a difference. Waterpump is leaking, bought injectors as well, so will do it all at once.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Have the intake valves been cleaned?

I’d lean towards coil packs with it being up top & mileage (mine went over 100k but that’s not always the case).

Fuel mileage suddenly dropping off (and spark plug color) are normally signs of injector failure.
Yea, I walnut blasted intake valves a few months ago, they clean! Haven't seen any fuel mileage drop, I've been monitoring STFT and LTFT lately but I don't really have a baseline so im not sure what's normal vs what's not. Maybe @Diggs24 can have some input on this. This is what the er10s look like coming off the car yesterday:

2022-09-07 15.03.20.jpg

Though, looks like they are running hot.