GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

fuelforfire87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Got the CTS OE location intercooler and MAPerformance GESi downpipe in the mail today. Ready to install this weekend and go stage too. Also, it appears that MAPerformance is now using the Gen 2 GESi cat, model 50230, which is nice considering my GTI is 2018 MY.
20220902_120040.jpg
20220902_120050.jpg

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Received a DAP short shifter and got it installed same-day. I like how defined the gears are now but it makes me really notice the turbo lag. The VW shift linkage/counterweight gave up a good fight but I eventually got it off.

Attachments

• PXL_20220830_013059345.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220830_013059345.MP.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20220830_232935496.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220830_232935496.MP.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20220830_125738932.jpg
    PXL_20220830_125738932.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Ordered new tires :cry:
tyre.png

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
If that’s from Costco, keep an eye out, they run promos pretty often and I’m pretty sure they’ll be willing to toss the discount onto your order retroactively.
😩
2FF2B8C9-F4C5-4655-8955-770FF167A0CA.jpeg

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
^^ I just saw those on sale for super cheap the other day! Where did you get it?
Directly from mishimoto. Free shipping, plus an additional 5% if you sign up for promotional texts. The kit with the polished piping is cheaper than if you order the intercooler only. Thought it was a mistake on their part, but here it is. (Not pictured is the 2nd box with intercooler piping, couplers, etc)

https://www.mishimoto.com/vw-golf-tsi-r-gti-intercooler-kit-2015.html

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Ordered the same tires last week from Discount Tire, they had $110 instant rebate, plus 5% military, + 5% for using the discount tire card. Paid $100 more than you, but I got the 245/40/18.

Still trying to figure out sizing, but since you mentioned it..

245/40 - no rub with stock ride height? I need new summer tires after this winter season passes.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Still trying to figure out sizing, but since you mentioned it..

245/40 - no rub with stock ride height? I need new summer tires after this winter season passes.
I have the 245/40/18 on Motegi MR147, 18x8.5 ET42 right now, ET45 would be perfect stock. I get a slight rub in the front fenders on hard compression, but I'm sure it will be gone by removing the screw and doing a little rolling. I'm waiting to install my Koni yellows with H&R OE Sport springs with the Eurosport Street Camber puck. I'm sure that will not rub with the ET42.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I have the 245/40/18 on Motegi MR147, 18x8.5 ET42 right now, ET45 would be perfect stock. I get a slight rub in the front fenders on hard compression, but I'm sure it will be gone by removing the screw and doing a little rolling. I'm waiting to install my Koni yellows with H&R OE Sport springs with the Eurosport Street Camber puck. I'm sure that will not rub with the ET42.

Appreciate the reply! My R came with aftermarket wheels, BBS SR 18x8. I forgot what ET they are, will have to check later. BBS offered them in +35 or +45. I'd imagine they're +45 given how flush they appear with the fenders.

I'm looking at putting the BBS as my Winter wheel setup, and maybe looking for Konig Hypergram/OZ Ultraleggera for summer. Likely going 18x8.5 +45 or somewhere along those lines.. haven't done much research yet, but I do like the look of those two wheels specifically.

I'd never heard of Motegi before - how are they in terms of quality?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Appreciate the reply! My R came with aftermarket wheels, BBS SR 18x8. I forgot what ET they are, will have to check later. BBS offered them in +35 or +45. I'd imagine they're +45 given how flush they appear with the fenders.

I'm looking at putting the BBS as my Winter wheel setup, and maybe looking for Konig Hypergram/OZ Ultraleggera for summer. Likely going 18x8.5 +45 or somewhere along those lines.. haven't done much research yet, but I do like the look of those two wheels specifically.

I'd never heard of Motegi before - how are they in terms of quality?
If your BBS are flush, they are probably the et35. They will be identical to what I have now as far as poke.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8.5&offset2=42

The Motegi are decent for the price, they are flow formed just like Konig wheels (not all of them, same as Konig wheels but the ones I have are). I had a few decent brand cast wheels crack on me, so for now I try to buy flow formed or forged wheels. For the GTI I didn't see the benefit of spending the extra money in forged wheels.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
If your BBS are flush, they are probably the et35. They will be identical to what I have now as far as poke.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8.5&offset2=42

The Motegi are decent for the price, they are flow formed just like Konig wheels (not all of them, same as Konig wheels but the ones I have are). I had a few decent brand cast wheels crack on me, so for now I try to buy flow formed or forged wheels. For the GTI I didn't see the benefit of spending the extra money in forged wheels.

I'll check when I leave work. You might be right about the BBS being ET+35.

I've seen some good prices on the Motegi. I'll have to take them more seriously as an option going forward, but will make sure they're flow formed or forged.

To be honest, I wish my R came with the stock 19s, even if I would have put 18s on it down the road. I'm not a huge fan of the BBS SR's.. which is why they will be relegated to winter wheels lol

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'll check when I leave work. You might be right about the BBS being ET+35.

I've seen some good prices on the Motegi. I'll have to take them more seriously as an option going forward, but will make sure they're flow formed or forged.

To be honest, I wish my R came with the stock 19s, even if I would have put 18s on it down the road. I'm not a huge fan of the BBS SR's.. which is why they will be relegated to winter wheels lol
If your R Is stock height you can get away with an 18x9 et45 And a 255/35 r18 indy 500s. So much grip for the money!!!