GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
My used spulen catch can feels like a dream all of a sudden.

Hose #20 takes the cake for value.

That price is outta this world for a recirculating catch can.

Any decent can setup can be turned into a recirc one fairly easily via the dipstick and a oil restrictor from a turbocharger

Keeps the PCV/Catchcan from overpressuring and lets the can drain into the low point for a maintenance free setup

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
That price is outta this world for a recirculating catch can.

Any decent can setup can be turned into a recirc one fairly easily via the dipstick and a oil restrictor from a turbocharger

Keeps the PCV/Catchcan from overpressuring and lets the can drain into the low point for a maintenance free setup
complain to VW Motorsport

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Got in the 310x22 rear caliper and carriers to upgrade the 272x10, just waiting on the new rotors and pads.

Attachments

• 1661106883799533760655287537391.jpg
    1661106883799533760655287537391.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
20220823_190310.jpg

2Q0 blind spot radars and brackets, trying for automatic lane switching, hopefully, maybe.

On a side note. If an ebay listing has a picture of 2 modules, would you assume that the auction was for both radars?

ebay listing had both modules in the picture, i get one. seller says the auction was only for one.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I got the GTI cap for my new key. Thanks again @Acadia18

Attachments

• A2E44043-B7EB-451D-9AA5-460212920897.jpeg
    A2E44043-B7EB-451D-9AA5-460212920897.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Just missing the correct shims for the brake pads, came with the 272 x10 so the pads are loose in the caliper.
Got in the 310x22 rear caliper and carriers to upgrade the 272x10, just waiting on the new rotors and pads.
Got'em!

Attachments

• 20220824_191532.jpg
    20220824_191532.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • 20220824_191637.jpg
    20220824_191637.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
View attachment 258960
2Q0 blind spot radars and brackets, trying for automatic lane switching, hopefully, maybe.

On a side note. If an ebay listing has a picture of 2 modules, would you assume that the auction was for both radars?

ebay listing had both modules in the picture, i get one. seller says the auction was only for one.
You sunava!!! I saw someone installed these on drive2... What do you get over the old units? And do these brackets need to be modified to fit?

Lane change assist? As opposed to blind spot monitoring and lane assist?

Swap code for that, or just coding? Ugghhh, I gotta finish these RGB LED's and EPB before I get caught up in your shenanigans 😂.

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Yeah those look great and to me don’t see enough abuse to warrant any opposition to saving money for a cosmetic mod as long as they stay on and fit…. Will they slide in more on the MBRP pipe? Or are they meant to be step stool/shin buster 😝
Yep I actually slid them in farther after the pic. They look fantastic

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
You sunava!!! I saw someone installed these on drive2... What do you get over the old units? And do these brackets need to be modified to fit?

Lane change assist? As opposed to blind spot monitoring and lane assist?

Swap code for that, or just coding? Ugghhh, I gotta finish these RGB LED's and EPB before I get caught up in your shenanigans 😂.
The brackets are Golf 8. They supposidly fit with minor modifications. As for the differences, they are from what ive read more precise. Ability to dim the indicators. But thats for the C variant. The E variants are installed on Golf 8s with Auto lane change. But i havent seen anyone install the Es. Dont even know if they are compatible with MQB platform. the Cs where installed on MQBs. The Es only came on MQB Evos.

Crossing my fingers.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
@xabhax gotcha, assuming they are all the same hardware I guess you can always flash back to software B or C if needed, hopefully not though. I'll wait for you to get done 😬.

Went back and found the Drive2 post, although I'm sure you spend as much time over there as I do, haha...
https://www.drive2.ru/l/572027797371881067/
As far as i can see A B C have different hardware. D and up are the same.

Thats why im hoping they are responsible for lane change assist. None of the cars that have A-C have it.

I have 12 drive2 pages open currently. I probably use it more than google at this point.