GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
A new decoration for my underground lair: Eurosport rear shock tower brace.

IMG_0137.jpg

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Stalagtites and stalagmites too. Why do you think it's still in the plastic?

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Yeah it’s not the side to side to blame, I think it’s the slider, the tolerances are very tight to limit the play, and the shifter arm and slider cavity is aluminum so it’s reasonable to assume the thermal expansion of the arm is causing the change.

With my setup and using the super slider you can def fell and better (for me) stiffness in the shifter when it’s hot, so it’s not an actual issue in my case - I know with @BadHombre760 is shifter assembly doesn’t take kind to that expansion at all though as it will fight him out of gears to my understanding
Sanded down the slider and applied some lithium grease and problem solved (at least from what I could tell from a 30 minute drive). It still stiffens up a bit but doesn't fight me in and out gears. We'll see when it really warms up in a couple months

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Still need to figure out what that smell is coming from under the hood after spirited drives... kind of a burnt urine smell, anyone else experience this?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Me? Oh. Nothing special. Just the Rennwagen Side extensions With winglets. @Javwohl installed em for me a sec ago.

the packaging was crazy impressive. Ups fedex and usps could have their way with the package and it would’ve survived. No doubt about it. @Chet Ubetcha went all out

according to Javwohl, install was easy as hell. Didn’t even need to jack the cars up.

60D73548-0F52-4E81-BF2A-C17D01E6C2EA.jpeg
0ADD2D75-EEBB-4A4E-8E66-98B3717C67BC.jpeg
0D2ABB91-33C6-4A6F-BFF9-6C0331B9F80E.jpeg

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Me? Oh. Nothing special. Just the Rennwagen Side extensions With winglets. @Javwohl installed em for me a sec ago.

the packaging was crazy impressive. Ups fedex and usps could have their way with the package and it would’ve survived. No doubt about it. @Chet Ubetcha went all out

according to Javwohl, install was easy as hell. Didn’t even need to jack the cars up.

View attachment 250696View attachment 250697View attachment 250698
Man I don’t know about the white one but that csg looks awesome🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 250696View attachment 250697View attachment 250698

Bro how'd your car magically change colors?!?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Here's why I could never get those

1653784236882.jpg

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
After install we did the eqt stage 1 tunes and I stepped out of the car and hit it with my heel was like wtf as that oh yeah just got to be aware at first but I figure over time it just be natural to step out a litttle farther

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Still need to figure out what that smell is coming from under the hood after spirited drives... kind of a burnt urine smell, anyone else experience this?

Umm... are there any cats residing in your engine bay?