GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
That'd be something I could do. Are there negatives that you're expecting, or just curious?
shifter feels great on nice cool days, but on hot days it stiffens up a considerable amount after driving around for a bit.

probably won't be an issue if you're just cruising down the freeway, but if you're beating on it around town it starts to impact shifts. currently exchanging emails with DG to figure out what's going on

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
shifter feels great on nice cool days, but on hot days it stiffens up a considerable amount after driving around for a bit.

probably won't be an issue if you're just cruising down the freeway, but if you're beating on it around town it starts to impact shifts. currently exchanging emails with DG to figure out what's going on
Ah, you already have one. I'll keep it in mind and see if I notice anything.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@BadHombre760 when did you get the super pin? I just looked at the product page and I see It was updated at some point to be a little looser fit.

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that this metal part replaces a plastic part. I know I ordered this thing right when it became available so I have the first revision and that sucker barely fit. Required persuasion with a rubber mallet.

At the time I figured that was a good thing, practically zero play. But reading about your experience I wonder if that doesn't become a problem with thermal expansion.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
@BadHombre760 when did you get the super pin? I just looked at the product page and I see It was updated at some point to be a little looser fit.

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that this metal part replaces a plastic part. I know I ordered this thing right when it became available so I have the first revision and that sucker barely fit. Required persuasion with a rubber mallet.

At the time I figured that was a good thing, practically zero play. But reading about your experience I wonder if that doesn't become a problem with thermal expansion.
superpin was purchased november 2020 and it wasn't an issue last summer

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
to clarify - it's the side-to-side metal bracket that I'm fairly certain is the cause

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Picked these up today so I can stop stealing my wife’s Tiguan whenever I want to take one of my kids mountain biking.

392CEBA1-956D-4521-AD74-F568070EA139.jpeg

83C70EC9-C60A-4F99-BB18-38C2F6CAEE8D.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Ahhh, I was thinking super pin. Side to side bracket is definitely in a hot zone.

Haven't noticed anything with my Sigma 6 fortunately. Installed sometime in 2018 I think.
I had issues with my Super Slider on my mk4, I ended up ordering a new OEM piece to use. I suppose one could also try sanding down the external faces, but I agree the bushing inserts are the biggest improvement and easiest to replace (though I bought a spare set so I could keep my in-alright-shape OEM parts intact).

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I had issues with my Super Slider on my mk4, I ended up ordering a new OEM piece to use. I suppose one could also try sanding down the external faces, but I agree the bushing inserts are the biggest improvement and easiest to replace (though I bought a spare set so I could keep my in-alright-shape OEM parts intact).
What was the issue(s)?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah it’s not the side to side to blame, I think it’s the slider, the tolerances are very tight to limit the play, and the shifter arm and slider cavity is aluminum so it’s reasonable to assume the thermal expansion of the arm is causing the change.

With my setup and using the super slider you can def fell and better (for me) stiffness in the shifter when it’s hot, so it’s not an actual issue in my case - I know with @BadHombre760 is shifter assembly doesn’t take kind to that expansion at all though as it will fight him out of gears to my understanding

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Tyler from DG recommended sanding the super slider down a hair, so I'll be trying that this weekend. And apply some white lithium grease as well