GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got my new race suit for time attack and racing in the R.... now if only I had a working car to take to the track...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Some potent E…81.8
8426A09B-FF3D-41A8-9968-F5A88EC310D7.jpeg

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
A couple of days late, but I got my majesty twin intercooler on Sunday. Looks like they include a coupling to use as a spacer now.
E4EBA442-97EC-4845-9DFF-A682EB9F5620.jpeg

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Is that the pin you need to rip you centre console out for? Let me know how it goes and whether it is worth it.
If it is that pin... it's not worth taking the center console out to install unless you also do the dremel/zip tie mod mentioned on the Dieselgeek site.

I already had the center console out so installed the pin. But I didn't want to dremel anything for the zip tie mod so got little out of the pin.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Is that the pin you need to rip you centre console out for? Let me know how it goes and whether it is worth it.
I would do the shaft bushings (pictured bottom left) first, I noticed a bigger difference from that. If you're still not happy then do the superpin. But then again I didn't do any of the dremel/zip tie/business card stuff

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm not sure I'll really be able to tell what made it feel different though. I was planning on slapping all that shit in at once and waiting until I was done to drive it. It'll be 4 mods that are supposed to stiffen up the shifter. Plus I plan on stiffening the bushing for the front to back throw.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
interested in hearing your experience with this setup after a 20+ minute drive in 90+ heat
That'd be something I could do. Are there negatives that you're expecting, or just curious?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm not sure I'll really be able to tell what made it feel different though. I was planning on slapping all that shit in at once and waiting until I was done to drive it. It'll be 4 mods that are supposed to stiffen up the shifter. Plus I plan on stiffening the bushing for the front to back throw.
Pop the shifter in first. Drive and then do the pin.