GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So…. Does this really get all the oil out? Something in my brain doesn’t compute this method

For the most part, yes.

If you don't want to watch the video, he measured about half a cup/100mL left in the pan. Which, when you're refilling ~5700mL or so, it isn't that much.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

For the most part, yes.

If you don't want to watch the video, he measured about half a cup/100mL left in the pan. Which, when you're refilling ~5700mL or so, it isn't that much.
I pulled pretty much exactly 5L out. I’m pretty sure I’m not burning oil (I check oil levels frequently).

There are a few factors at play.

-Car is parked at a very slight incline.
-I may have underfilled a bit on my last change.
-The extractor may have missed a bit.

Next change will tell me more. I’m not too worried about it though. The oil is only about 3-4k miles old. I do 2 yearly changes just to keep it fresh (only drive about 6500 miles/year).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So…. Does this really get all the oil out? Something in my brain doesn’t compute this method
The guys that love it have said all except a few ounces. I just won't do it because I want that oil pan and any crap in the bottom drained. I suppose for do it yourself without a lift is why people like it so much.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The guys that love it have said all except a few ounces. I just won't do it because I want that oil pan and any crap in the bottom drained. I suppose for do it yourself without a lift is why people like it so much.

I don't think the pan hole is at tge lowest point, so gravity draining will also leave a tiny bit in the pan. Correct me if I'm wrong.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't think the pan hole is at tge lowest point, so gravity draining will also leave a tiny bit in the pan. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Honestly don't know. I go to the same quick lube place I've gone to for 30 years and bring my own oil and filter and they charge me $15 labor. I've gone down in the pit under the car but stupidly never checked that.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I pulled pretty much exactly 5L out. I’m pretty sure I’m not burning oil (I check oil levels frequently).

There are a few factors at play.

-Car is parked at a very slight incline.
-I may have underfilled a bit on my last change.
-The extractor may have missed a bit.

Next change will tell me more. I’m not too worried about it though. The oil is only about 3-4k miles old. I do 2 yearly changes just to keep it fresh (only drive about 6500 miles/year).

Don't take this the wrong way, but you might not have hit bottom. lol

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Don't take this the wrong way, but you might not have hit bottom. lol
I tried really hard to make sure it was hitting the bottom. When I pulled the hose out the end was even dented in a bit lol.
It’s got a rigid plastic or metal line through the hose to make sure it doesn’t bend.

It’s totally possible it ran into something else before it hit bottom, but I think it’s more likely I underfilled on my last change. I’ll find out next change I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I tried really hard to make sure it was hitting the bottom. When I pulled the hose out the end was even dented in a bit lol.
It’s got a rigid plastic or metal line through the hose to make sure it doesn’t bend.

It’s totally possible it ran into something else before it hit bottom, but I think it’s more likely I underfilled on my last change. I’ll find out next change I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️
And really, what's worse case? You left a little oil and fill with 99% fresh oil. Is it COVID oil and will now infect the new? Better hold on, car may start coughing, wheezing, and idling rough.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Dang that stinks. I ordered mine from USP Motorsports and literally got it the next day. This was last week.
Screenshot 2021-12-09 203420.png

I know but shipping kills it for me. I can wait I'm cheap :ROFLMAO: