GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Got a set of BF Goodrich Comp-2 A/S Plus to replace the Conti DWS06+s currently on the car (an unusual change, I know).

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Got a set of BF Goodrich Comp-2 A/S Plus to replace the Conti DWS06+s currently on the car (an unusual change, I know).

That truck tire tread…

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
That truck tire tread…
I've heard good things about the Sport Comp 2 A/S, if they're decent (as much as an all-season can be) then they may be worth the price point. If I weren't planning to occasionally drive my GTI this winter, I'd have it on RT660s -- those are a hellacious tire for the money.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've heard good things about the Sport Comp 2 A/S, if they're decent (as much as an all-season can be) then they may be worth the price point. If I weren't planning to occasionally drive my GTI this winter, I'd have it on RT660s -- those are a hellacious tire for the money.

I used the Comp 2 AS on my wife's old C300 and they were pretty good. A little noisy though.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'll run my RE71R all winter, I like to skate.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
My Powerflex hybrid puck showed up today. I was planning on changing my oil this weekend so I am going to get that installed while I am under the car.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
My Powerflex hybrid puck showed up today. I was planning on changing my oil this weekend so I am going to get that installed while I am under the car.
I had to cut my OEM one out, FYI you can get a small handle-type thing at the hardware store that will allow you to use a hacksaw blade without the top 'frame' piece. This came in suuuuuuper handy when trying to cut the old one out, and much less risky to the subframe than using power tools.

6MT here, and the street hybrid puck is amazing. Not a lot of additional NVH, but power delivery is way smoother. I'm keeping my eyes open for a sale from BFI, I'm planning to pick up their stage 1 engine & transmission mounts. I have them on my mk4 and they're a work of art.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Can you guys share which model Power Flex you guys used? I'm assuming that my 2020 GTI Autobahn DSG also uses the same. Also which tool you said you use to cut your puck, Any pictures?