GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Agray

Go Kart Newbie
Honestly, I can't justify the cost. It's a metal 90* elbow, that like you said, can't even be proven matters. Sure, Jeff did all the testing to show which ones flow more air, but as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any actual testing that the stock TIP is a restriction to an IS20, even when tuned.

If anything, I'd drop the stock on back on for now, get rid of my v1 CTS one in the classifieds, and add a little more money to get the v2 CTS one as it's the cheapest available, and looks to have rectified the angled connector that would cause the upgraded breather hose to not work.

While I'm not an advocate of "get the cheapest one available" for many things, like I said, it's a metal 90* elbow, and really doesn't have much room for failure.
Is there a consensus as to when the stock TIP is a restriction? is38 and up?

DSC808

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
So, my options are either:

A) Use the ECS breather hose kit, and just use my stock TIP. Maybe eventually get a new replacement. While I know aftermarket flow more air, I question if they're really necessary or a restriction.
B) Either return or sell the ECS breather hose, buy an OEM, use the CTS TIP I already have.
C) Buy a new TIP, and use the ECS breather hose kit.

Those are ranked in order of what will most likely happen.
Try test fit it. Maybe it can fit. I don't want you to do what I did; install plate to PCV, connect fitting, connect hose to plate, connect hose to TIP aaaaaand then...... take everything off and put everything back.

efaily

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
So, my options are either:

A) Use the ECS breather hose kit, and just use my stock TIP. Maybe eventually get a new replacement. While I know aftermarket flow more air, I question if they're really necessary or a restriction.
B) Either return or sell the ECS breather hose, buy an OEM, use the CTS TIP I already have.
C) Buy a new TIP, and use the ECS breather hose kit.

Those are ranked in order of what will most likely happen.
I went with the ECS TIP, that way the upgraded PCV breather kit was guaranteed to fit. I'm sure it doesn't make any performance difference, but I didn't like the idea of the stock plastic one going through so many temperature cycles since it's so close to the turbo and I'm in a cold climate.

TheMechanicDude

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Nice FCP haul. First time using them.
F41E24FF-D98B-4D15-8917-79761BED97DA.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Try test fit it. Maybe it can fit. I don't want you to do what I did; install plate to PCV, connect fitting, connect hose to plate, connect hose to TIP aaaaaand then...... take everything off and put everything back.

PXL_20210115_142641416.jpg

It looks like there might have been some revisions of the CTS TIP, because it fit on mine perfectly fine.

Duchess

Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
Bought some red gators as they were having a decent Boxing Day sale! Think these will go on my summers & I'll install them when I swap. Think they'll be a nice accent...
2AE70878-DD1B-4A19-9C6A-5BCA0E4643DB.jpeg

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
tempImageSHipH5.jpg

Ultra Racing front upper-strut brace. Keeping it in plastic until I install it. I know I would drop it and mark it up if I didn't lol

Ridebjj

Drag Racing Champion
same with CTS TIP, no fitment issue here mine is well over a year

Ive got one too, seems fine. Added benefit is that it let me use the oem to build a boost leak tester. Just unbolt the cts tip and move it out of the way (with pcv hose still attached) and put the old one with blocked off pcv port and psi gauge on, and away I go.

efaily

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Snagged this when it came back in stock. Just showed up today.

Attachments

• EuroSportKit.jpg
    EuroSportKit.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39