GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
So it worked for taking the remaining slop out? Did you do any form of zip tie or just skip that?
Yeah I did the zip tie mod also, as well as the shaft bushings

Yes, the pin was extremely noticeable.

Coupled with all the other mods the shifter is night and day with a stock car (yesterday I jumped in my coworkers stock 16 gti to row gears back to back)

It’s very direct and solid shifts. The super pin tightened up enough to where I have to realign the shifter again now that there is less free play for the side to side adjustment.

Ohidub_99.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
My LED Golf-R lights from BEC came today.... will have to wait for it to not be raining to install them... but first impressions on them, they look like well put together lights... we’ll have to wait and see about light output once installed....
7B507EAC-9DB9-4CB7-BEC7-C283EDA4DD13.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yeah I did the zip tie mod also, as well as the shaft bushings

Yes, the pin was extremely noticeable.

Coupled with all the other mods the shifter is night and day with a stock car (yesterday I jumped in my coworkers stock 16 gti to row gears back to back)

It’s very direct and solid shifts. The super pin tightened up enough to where I have to realign the shifter again now that there is less free play for the side to side adjustment.
Nice, I just installed the superpin. DG sent me their experimental solution for those that don't want to break out the dremel, awesome service from Jim. We exchanged emails and pictures during the weekend and he shipped the piece out early yesterday morning. My center console is still out so I have the time. I'll report back with how it works out... but the superpin alone made a big difference. I also have the Sigma 6 and will be replacing the shift bracket/bushings with metal at the same time as re-adjusting the cables due to the newly reduced play. Can't wait!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Nice, I just installed the superpin. DG sent me their experimental solution for those that don't want to break out the dremel, awesome service from Jim. We exchanged emails and pictures during the weekend and he shipped the piece out early yesterday morning. My center console is still out so I have the time. I'll report back with how it works out... but the superpin alone made a big difference. I also have the Sigma 6 and will be replacing the shift bracket/bushings with metal at the same time as re-adjusting the cables due to the newly reduced play. Can't wait!
if you didn’t order the bracket yet, I’d say don’t bother... that plastic unit has zero flex when it’s on the countertop let alone when it’s bolting on since it’s even more stable then.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
My LED Golf-R lights from BEC came today.... will have to wait for it to not be raining to install them... but first impressions on them, they look like well put together lights... we’ll have to wait and see about light output once installed....
View attachment 190014

My GTI 7.5 facelift reps from BEC are scheduled for delivery today as well. I plan on installing tonight. Once I get them in I can send you my impressions on light output and such.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
haha! Guess they don’t have google 😂

The center console as a whole is not clipped in, it’s all bolted down with either a t20 or t30 depending on the location. Just some extra items are “clips”

Cliff note:

1.Remove shifter boot and knob
2. Remove cubby tray (pull straight out, it’s held in with only tension) unplug usb connector)
3. Remove hvac trim and controls, 2 t20 screws, and 4 push type pins) unplugs 2 connectors
4. Remove shifter boots outer trim, 2 t20 screws, and unplug start button and mode button.
5. Lift Ebrake Handle as high as possible and remove the boot,2” cover in front and Little metal Bar connector
6. Slide the center console door forward an inch and pull on the rear cover where the rear vents are straight back and it will pop right off
7. Unbolt console, 2 t20s In the front, 2 t30s on the sides, 2 t30s in the back.

Then just lift the console out. View attachment 189992
View attachment 189993
I watched the video on diselgeek website earlier, and tested the slop (left to right) today while parked, and i do have considerable left to right push in most gears except 4/6. For 36$ I really think this would be worth it but knowing me, I would 100% break something. Maybe in the future as money is tight (wedding saving). good info tho, did you sand the superpin or just hammer it in?

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti

Those look awesome, interested to hear your impressions with them at night.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Maybe I'm just weird, but I'd love to permanently remove my center console and recarpet the surrounding area. I love the look of the naked parking brake and shifter without any clutter.
No you are not weird, I prefer the look bare also.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
if you didn’t order the bracket yet, I’d say don’t bother... that plastic unit has zero flex when it’s on the countertop let alone when it’s bolting on since it’s even more stable then.
Ahh, I've had that thing in my garage for 2+ years, actually bought the bracket bushings for my Mk4... son of a gun is getting installed, haha.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Already did it over the weekend.

Hardest part was finagling the console our over the e brake handle.

But the results are 100% worth it.

So you're saying you'll be available for expert advice for local enthusiasts considering the same mod? Because that's how I read that. :D

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
haha! Guess they don’t have google 😂

The center console as a whole is not clipped in, it’s all bolted down with either a t20 or t30 depending on the location. Just some extra items are “clips”

Cliff note:

1.Remove shifter boot and knob
2. Remove cubby tray (pull straight out, it’s held in with only tension) unplug usb connector)
3. Remove hvac trim and controls, 2 t20 screws, and 4 push type pins) unplugs 2 connectors
4. Remove shifter boots outer trim, 2 t20 screws, and unplug start button and mode button.
5. Lift Ebrake Handle as high as possible and remove the boot,2” cover in front and Little metal Bar connector
6. Slide the center console door forward an inch and pull on the rear cover where the rear vents are straight back and it will pop right off
7. Unbolt console, 2 t20s In the front, 2 t30s on the sides, 2 t30s in the back.

Then just lift the console out. View attachment 189992
View attachment 189993
Hard bookmarked.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I got my BEC replica headlights in today.
I’m a little disappointed honestly. There’s a bunch of bad paintwork inside the housings and some misaligned pieces.
Anyone else with this issue?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I got my BEC replica headlights in today.
I’m a little disappointed honestly. There’s a bunch of bad paintwork inside the housings and some misaligned pieces.
Anyone else with this issue?
I would contact Ed and send photos. I’ve had two pairs of lights from them and both looked pretty much perfect.