GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

StorableComa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
Bumper punch set for OPS... No excuses now I guess, soon my car too can complain when I get to close to others.
Are you using a kit, and where did you source it? Carsystems has a few, but the price difference between that and what you find on Ali is nuts. Curious what other options are out there.

Cuzoe

Go Kart Champion
Bought the kit from Ali, 12K PLA 2.0. Ordered from the same seller as some others in the PDC retrofit thread over in the DIY section. I didn't check carsystems. I have ordered a from them before though and was happy with what I got... rear view camera harness. It seemed to be an OEM retrofit harness, with instruction book from VW. But I bought the camera on eBay, and the wiring diagrams are available in the forums so I wouldn't pay the premium again. Their only shipping option (at the time) was DHL which is nice of you're in a rush, but extra expense if not.

Sub-to-Dub

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I finally found a set of Carbon Steel Metallic mirror caps for my Sport (eBay to the rescue!). The stock black caps don't offer enough contrast with the gray in my opinion.

In a thread where the last few pages are filled with wheels, suspension, and turbo goodies this is very exciting I know :p

Mk7Matt

Ready to race!
I finally found a set of Carbon Steel Metallic mirror caps for my Sport (eBay to the rescue!). The stock black caps don't offer enough contrast with the gray in my opinion.

In a thread where the last few pages are filled with wheels, suspension, and turbo goodies this is very exciting I know :p
Let me know if you're interested in selling the black ones...

Shmito_R

Go Kart Newbie
Finally received the rest of my badge skins/VinylMod’s vinyls to complete everything. Side blades, front and rear R’s and hazard light. Will update post when installed.

5DD23E03-6EED-4D75-8273-35B3FB6F6AC3.jpegEE30E984-AB76-4354-A737-82AEC4879448.jpeg6B57EF0F-531B-467E-9D87-C540722488D0.jpeg

Last edited:

IanCH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI Autobahn
Finally received the rest of my badge skins/VinylMod’s vinyls to complete everything. Side blades, front and rear R’s and hazard light. Will update post when installed.
Thanks for the tip to VinylMod - I just picked up a number of things that I was interested in getting to black things out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion

Shmito_R

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the tip to VinylMod - I just picked up a number of things that I was interested in getting to black things out.
np! Tho I will say, personally think the badge skins are slightly better quality, cut a tiny bit better. My hazard light vinyl from vinylmods wasn’t perfect and didn’t have the clear film placed over it. But still overall happy with them!

Check these out, for those that rock inno fairings with OEM bars. 3d printed connectors bought through this member:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/3d-printed-inlet-duct.376292/page-5#post-7495218

Sleek and fits way better than the universal junky kind that come with the fairing
View attachment 185924
View attachment 185925
View attachment 185926
That looks good! Idk how I feel about zip ties but that does look good! The stock inno connectors work better when you get the extended long bolts for them, but they end up being longer than I’d like. That does look clean tho!

KyACRASH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT