GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
First it was Cars & Coffee now it’s Geriatrics & GTI’s I guess.

Projects and prune juice.
our local C&C used to be awesome.....cars ranging from 20's to the newest Ferrari and every kind of build in between, with calm and respectful folks of all ages. The last 3 or so, random young jack-wagons would show up, cuss as loud as they could thinking it was cool.... that crew had no idea how to "look" at a car ("take your hands off the $200,000 Porsche, please"). Then, the last C&C which got the entire group kicked out permanently because some idiot thought drifting in the shopping mall parking lot would be smart....nearly hitting someone and causing easily $1M in car damage had it gone wrong......

So now we have no venue.......

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
The local C&C that I prefer got so big that they have to start charging admission to cover all of the expenses the township is throwing on them. It's now a "show." But they get some crazy vehicles (it's held in one of the wealthiest zip codes in the state) so I still go.

They are relocating back to a smaller location soon to try and get back to a free C&C.

Additionally, I'm not old.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
oh no, I know some of yall are old fuckers just like me

You're 45, and you can't convince me otherwise...

1685649446375.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Purchased from R1 Concepts with Black Friday (25% off) deals.

Like @swcrow said, the direction of the drilled\slotted on the rotor doesn't dictate which way the rotor faces, but the internal vanes do. I want to say R1 Concepts use a straight vane design (even on their drilled & slotted rotors), so it shouldn't make a difference. Can always pop off the wheel and take a look.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The local C&C that I prefer got so big that they have to start charging admission to cover all of the expenses the township is throwing on them. It's now a "show." But they get some crazy vehicles (it's held in one of the wealthiest zip codes in the state) so I still go.

They are relocating back to a smaller location soon to try and get back to a free C&C.

Additionally, I'm not old.
Ours is done at COTA parking lot A and it's completely full. That's besides the spectator parking which is separate.

I went once but there's not enough unique cars.

Usually 50 Golfs, 50 Subies, 30 Veloster & Elantra, 30 Camaros, 30 Mustangs, 30 Chargers/ challengers, 20 911, 20 Corvette, 5 Vipers, 2 Mk4 Supra, 10 Mk5 Supra, 10 M3, 5 M5, a few Ferrari & Lambo & 1 guy revving his engine the whole time.

And all I stop to look at are the 80's MB 220 & the OG minis

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Ours is done at COTA parking lot A and it's completely full. That's besides the spectator parking which is separate.

I went once but there's not enough unique cars.

Usually 50 Golfs, 50 Subies, 30 Veloster & Elantra, 30 Camaros, 30 Mustangs, 30 Chargers/ challengers, 20 911, 20 Corvette, 5 Vipers, 2 Mk4 Supra, 10 Mk5 Supra, 10 M3, 5 M5, a few Ferrari & Lambo & 1 guy revving his engine the whole time.

And all I stop to look at are the 80's MB 220 & the OG minis

We have a C&C like that. It's not as close by and we get some unique stuff there too but it's mostly 20 somethings and younger and their projects.

Mainline C&C is probably 50/50 projects and cars with $400K+ price tags with a good amount of old stuff mixed it

tbell6

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
@tbell6 great pics by the way. But what is up with this plate? I've never seen this style. Do you know anything about it?

Thanks although I can’t take credit for all of them. They also made a YouTube video with some cool drone footage if you want to take a look here

That’s a custom plate made with his own license plate numbers - not at all legal lol

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
last week replaced the front door speakers. They shorted out from water.

Went with a Focal component set. Found really cool baffles that combined with a spacer ring are sealing wonderfully. Rears are in mail so I still need to do those. Will take better pics.

Attachments

• B1784FB7-08BE-42E1-AA16-55ED4C21BC29.jpeg
    B1784FB7-08BE-42E1-AA16-55ED4C21BC29.jpeg
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 4772E7C7-3006-42FA-8B84-D05903F8890D.jpeg
    4772E7C7-3006-42FA-8B84-D05903F8890D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • 70629855836__C5EF0597-0741-4A97-9D27-1FA080BEE3B9.jpeg
    70629855836__C5EF0597-0741-4A97-9D27-1FA080BEE3B9.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Car wouldn't start Sunday, so new battery installed Sunday. Seemed like over the course of two or three days the cranks just got slower until Sunday AM it just ticked. Awesome.

Got whatever the o'Reilly's performance battery is. Would've loved to upgrade to something really nice and significantly lighter, but cost aside, local options are limited and I didn't have time to wait for shipping since it was a holiday weekend and it's my DD.
Funny you say that, I had the same experience. Over the past 3 days the cranking got slower till it barely turned over at all. Picked up an H6 AGM battery from Costco for $170 and it runs like a top.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Funny you say that, I had the same experience. Over the past 3 days the cranking got slower till it barely turned over at all. Picked up an H6 AGM battery from Costco for $170 and it runs like a top.
I got the H6 for my wife's TDI from Costco, but opted to stay H5 on mine because the battery cover won't fit – learned from her car. She doesn't notice, nor would she care, but I'm a psycho and I do care lol