EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Most of us are dude - that's why we are still on forums. The new kids don't know what forums are.
And that’s why they aren’t learning crap

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Heeeyyyy... I'm not that old, maybe I am. But man alive, I love the forums. Facebook "communities" absolutely SUCK. Part of it might be that I don't know how to search anything over there. But the other part is that even on New Posts the FB algorithm is selecting the top comments so you have to select to View All, then expand comment response trees. And because of the trees there's still no way to actually see all the comments in chronological order... ugggghhhhh, kill me please, quickly.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
@tbell6 great pics by the way. But what is up with this plate? I've never seen this style. Do you know anything about it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601-113633.png
    Screenshot_20230601-113633.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 60

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@tbell6 great pics by the way. But what is up with this plate? I've never seen this style. Do you know anything about it?
I don't see any stickers on that plate. And I see the camera boom so maybe just something custom made for a photo/video drive/shoot.

Around SoCal "replica" plates are super popular these days, and I assume the rest of CA too I guess. I see them every time I drive, most often black and white, but sometimes with color matched lettering as well. The "good" ones are aluminum stamped plates, and people are getting them made with their real plate numbers, and putting the real DMV stickers on them. But the plates are not at all legal.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/01/22/illegal-custom-california-license-plates