GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Finally (successfully) installed Macan calipers. Lots of headache (my stupidity). After bleeding all the brakes (Yay Im done!) I found a hub ring on the ground. But I also rotated the tires, soooo I had to jack up and figure out which tire it came from. Then as I'm putting away all the tools I find 2 brake pads..... I forgot to put them in the passenger side.... but I also pumped the brakes a couple times to make sure the pedal was firm...... sooooo 4 pistons were all the way out..... and I only had the single piston brake tool......... Soooooo I just squeezed the sh!t out of one and it compressed.... buuuuuut it made the other pistons protrude more and started leaking fluid...... So I spent the next 45 minutes squeezing the sh!t out of one piston, slowly compressing then squeezing the sh!t of the one next to it so it wouldnt pop out. Also lost a "H".

IMG_9711.JPG
IMG_9713.JPG

*edit* Are my rotors backwards? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
*edit2**edit*OHGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Got the GTI a new stablemate. Traded the Jetta, she hasn't been right since the dealer swapped out the media screen and software updated it. Sorry about the bow on the hood, I didn't know they were gonna do that lol.

View attachment 282719
Figured you'd traded in the GTI after the leak

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Finally (successfully) installed Macan calipers. Lots of headache (my stupidity). After bleeding all the brakes (Yay Im done!) I found a hub ring on the ground. But I also rotated the tires, soooo I had to jack up and figure out which tire it came from. Then as I'm putting away all the tools I find 2 brake pads..... I forgot to put them in the passenger side.... but I also pumped the brakes a couple times to make sure the pedal was firm...... sooooo 4 pistons were all the way out..... and I only had the single piston brake tool......... Soooooo I just squeezed the sh!t out of one and it compressed.... buuuuuut it made the other pistons protrude more and started leaking fluid...... So I spent the next 45 minutes squeezing the sh!t out of one piston, slowly compressing then squeezing the sh!t of the one next to it so it wouldnt pop out. Also lost a "H".

View attachment 282720 View attachment 282721
Rotors look fine.

Did you have PP brakes before?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Rotors look fine.

Did you have PP brakes before?
Non-PP. First 1/2 of the pedal is soft then it bites. I just daily the car so may change the brake assist settings later.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Do you have Powerstop rotors?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Got the GTI a new stablemate. Traded the Jetta, she hasn't been right since the dealer swapped out the media screen and software updated it. Sorry about the bow on the hood, I didn't know they were gonna do that lol.

View attachment 282719
LOVE the stance on that taco!!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

shouldn't have anything to do with direction of holes, but which direction the vanes in the center of the rotors are facing....but dang bro.......I feel you on all that "oops" crap....ouch! Nothing worse than thinking you're all done and buttoning everything up and then........realizing you have to take it all back apart.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Sick !! You will love them !!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Figured you'd traded in the GTI after the leak
Lol hell nah Im 60k deep in that thing and counting. Every time I open the spreadsheet to add expenses or mods or service I cry a little.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
LOVE the stance on that taco!!
Me too, I am real picky and asked Toyota dealer if they would set it up with approved parts so that it would all be under warranty. They used Toytec suspension components and obviously the TRD wheels. It rides surprisingly well.. so stoked ! Now Im off finally to go get my Hobie Cat Wave.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Does a 8k engine build and a $2800 turbo get me closer?
Yes. I decided a long time ago to keep my motor stock. When it blows it blows, it'll take me about 10 hours to swap a new motor in and repeat every 70th track day as needed