GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Gauges, too.

Sweet wheels
Oh yeah. Some A pillar gauges for fuel, a clock, radio station readout.

Apex sm10 bronze. Should've clear coated them because they're a matte finish so pain to keep clean

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Oh yeah. Some A pillar gauges for fuel, a clock, radio station readout.

Apex sm10 bronze. Should've clear coated them because they're a matte finish so pain to keep clean
I’ve got the anthracite SM-10s. I thought about the bronze but had bronze previously. One of the best looking wheels on our cars.

Also, I’m thinking ear gauges to go with the vape. You must be an old guy like me lol

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I’ve got the anthracite SM-10s. I thought about the bronze but had bronze previously. One of the best looking wheels on our cars.

Also, I’m thinking ear gauges to go with the vape. You must be an old guy like me lol
Actually had to lookup what ear gauges are 🤣
And definitely older

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Passenger intermediate brake line failed on my 98' Integra, thankfully I found out in the garage and not on a mountain road. Replaced with a $120 stainless steel kit off ebay from valexracing. So far so good, a lot easier than building new hardlines which would have been a nightmare. New battery and all new fluids as well...seems my Integra got jelly of all the work on the GTI and finally demands attention.

Though I may have an issue with the health of the engine, (JDM 98' spec Type R) I removed the oil cap and there is a concerning amount of blow-by. Probably do a compression and lead-down test today, though I'm pretty sure I might have some bad rings. :(

2023-05-25 14.39.11.jpg

2023-05-25 14.38.39.jpg

2023-05-25 14.39.55.jpg

2023-05-24 17.41.36.jpg

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
So somewhat embarrassing but...... it is a well known fact that you must wait atleast 6 months before installing a mishimoto intercooler. In my defense I picked up the IC before winter and just never had the time, plus I am always doing this stuff myself, so time gets away from you. This is on an S3, so I was a little apprehensive installing it as it's somewhat different than on a Golf R or GTI (core support is different and I have the ACC radar down in the front like on the MK7's before VW moved it to behind the badge). Long story short every install video on an S3 the person takes their whole god damm car apart, well that's just dumb. I did it the way Humbemechanic did on his golf R, everything comes out from the engine bay side, which I believe is what the service manual calls for anyway. No removing headlights, no disconnecting sensors, no removing the crash bar or core support. You have to drain the radiator but that's about it. It all comes out from behind, no problem.
So I have now had the DTR6054 installed with out the additional fueling (stock IC), with the additional fueling (stock IC), and now fueling plus and intercooler. It's just getting hot in New England so, perfect timing.
Ready to go in

She's in there

Johaan

Ready to race!
Finally turned off start-stop with OBD11 after annoying me for almost 4 years.

Never trusted it on the hills around here after a loud DSG engagement on an incline. Happened just once, but was enough for me to keep turning it off.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Passenger intermediate brake line failed on my 98' Integra, thankfully I found out in the garage and not on a mountain road. Replaced with a $120 stainless steel kit off ebay from valexracing. So far so good, a lot easier than building new hardlines which would have been a nightmare. New battery and all new fluids as well...seems my Integra got jelly of all the work on the GTI and finally demands attention.

Though I may have an issue with the health of the engine, (JDM 98' spec Type R) I removed the oil cap and there is a concerning amount of blow-by. Probably do a compression and lead-down test today, though I'm pretty sure I might have some bad rings. :(

View attachment 282401
View attachment 282402
View attachment 282404

IF your going to run braided AN it’s imperative to keep the lines from chaffing.

For the time & money you’d spend on proper line management your better off building or buying new hardlines.

https://www.verociousmotorsports.co...ories/vibrant-aluminum-line-separator-bracket

https://www.verociousmotorsports.com/Shop-by-Category/AN-Hose-Accessories/fragola-padded-line-clamps

Outside of that potential issue, I’m almost positive flexible brake hose is only allowed at each wheel. If improper line management results in a failure your insurance company would use that as an “out”

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
IF your going to run braided AN it’s imperative to keep the lines from chaffing.

For the time & money you’d spend on proper line management your better off building or buying new hardlines.

https://www.verociousmotorsports.co...ories/vibrant-aluminum-line-separator-bracket

https://www.verociousmotorsports.com/Shop-by-Category/AN-Hose-Accessories/fragola-padded-line-clamps

Outside of that potential issue, I’m almost positive flexible brake hose is only allowed at each wheel. If improper line management results in a failure your insurance company would use that as an “out”
At some point i'll drop the gas tank and subframe and do it proper with hardlines, as the fuel lines will also need to be replaced in a few years. This is a stop-gap solution until thats done. Not to worried about chaffing since I put maybe 1000 miles on it per year and its pretty well held in by clamps.