GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Finally found some time to install the Macan brakes.

BF7EA90A-AAC7-4FD4-93E0-E4993A86F56C.jpeg
11835AB7-EF66-45F1-B87D-90A11C90474C.jpeg
D4016CFA-5360-4398-B894-5FD416A28734.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's a relief! Any noticeable changes/improvements after the update aside from the Mk8 wheel compatibility?
I'm traveling today, once the flash was successful on the bench I just put it back in the car to see if it would work. The only thing I even thought to try was the view button.

And to be fair I had the view button working one time, before I enabled the button for steering wheel heat. There's no description of the bytes/bits for the MFSW buttons. I didn't take a scan during that time as I was literally experimenting one bit at a time. I had not been able to get it working again.

The arrows on the wheel still scroll through previous destinations instead of making the aid map zoom.

I suspect I won't be able to find a change log so who knows, always feels good to update though.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the cars new alignment done after doing the new air suspension/tall balljoints/adj rear camber arms/adj toe arms and front and rear subframe collars he set the alignment with me sitting in the driver seat (BEFORE readings) and afters are with me out of the car and it sitting static. collar def. Square shit up rear good esp that SAI.

IMG_7490.jpeg

*my current air suspension is rather stiff to, so it would be interesting to see how much variance happens between a person in the seat and out of the seat on something with a soft spring rate.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed BFI Stage 1 Engine Mount and transmission mount insert. Used GTIJakes video on how to drill out the OEM transmission mount rivets.
Originally I had Stage 2 85A durometer AliExpress engine/transmission mounts since they were cheap and look exactly like the ECS ones minus the markup. El_bigote_AJ ran them for 2 days before removing. I've driven with the Stage 2 mounts for about 3 years now and what a big difference. With the BFI S1 its like stock. There's more outside noise now instead of inside cabin noise. Takeoff/acceleration feel smoother.
IMG_9703.JPG

Debating if I want to get the missing bolt/nut. Probably rolling around somewhere in my trunk.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Replaced the window switch on the driver side due to the well known intermittent failure to operate issue. Since I hate removing the door panels and the upper rear clip woupdn't budge, I replaced the switch without fully removing the panel. Tight space, but doable. Btw the switch bezel has four side clips, so if you undo only the two front ones, don't pull too hard -- undo two of the side clips first.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Got an alignment done by the dealer about 1300 miles ago. Figured I'd let them do the 100k service while they had it (mistake). In addition, they also replaced the air filter even though I told them not to.

I checked my oil while on a road trip last weekend. I noticed they'd spilled oil around the fill cap, so I cleaned that up today. While wiping off the engine cover, I lightly bumped the flex hose at the airbox outlet, which just popped off the airbox's outlet port 😂 🔫. The hose clamp was totally limp and the hose wasn't even close to being fully seated on the airbox. Got some robo-grips and seated everything properly with a nice *click.* Why was that so hard for a professional?

Part out??

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Didn't take my numbers off.

Daughter says it looks cool to have them on so been driving around with them.

Do I need a vape and backwards cap now?

20230527_155854.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Didn't take my numbers off.

Daughter says it looks cool to have them on so been driving around with them.

Do I need a vape and backwards cap now?

View attachment 282352
It’s like a badge of honor, like back they would do “street wars” night at the drag strip - we all would leave that shoe polish writing on on windows for weeks