Car(s)
7.5 GTI
pulling in a new wheel to replace one damaged in shipment 🙌🏼
IMG_4577.png

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Yea, unfortunately I have no friends soni did it alone as usual...I kid...but yea I did it myself. It's not hard to do. You'll have to take your airbox, battery and tray out for access. This video should give you an idea.
How did you do the delay valve alone? I've done the entire shifter replacement with the dieselgeek kit, wasn't an issue. Hesitant to pull the valve and have a clutch that won't bleed.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Gonna try my hand at ND2 Miata parts, so I took some measurements last night.
That's awesome you're gonna be making some parts for them. Competing with Goodwin Racing or FlyinMiata's exhaust suites is gonna be tough, though. Any ideas for what products you want to make yet? (A midpipe with a GESI cat might be a start)
I'm probably going to end up with a Miata at some point, so I'm somewhat brushed up on what's out there in the aftermarket

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
That's awesome you're gonna be making some parts for them. Competing with Goodwin Racing or FlyinMiata's exhaust suites is gonna be tough, though. Any ideas for what products you want to make yet? (A midpipe with a GESI cat might be a start)
I'm probably going to end up with a Miata at some point, so I'm somewhat brushed up on what's out there in the aftermarket

This particular car is getting a OEM+ Axle Back (2.5” w/4” single tip).

If a bunch of people want one, I’ll build more. If they don’t, it’ll be the only one.

I’m not chasing anything down, just started the ND2 conversion yesterday at noon.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Gonna try my hand at ND2 Miata parts, so I took some measurements last night. View attachment 282005View attachment 282006View attachment 282007

Then went to pick up a camper for a friend & hopefully will be picking one up for myself soon.

View attachment 282008View attachment 282009View attachment 282011

He’s going to tow it with his Atlas, but hasn’t got a brake controller yet so we played it safe with the Burb
@GTI Jake just wants to take all my money 😭 Saving for a GESI-catted downpipe for the GTI, then a new daily and an ND2 are 120% on the radar for a new autocross solution.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
@GTI Jake just wants to take all my money 😭 Saving for a GESI-catted downpipe for the GTI, then a new daily and an ND2 are 120% on the radar for a new autocross solution.

The trick is to get everyone hooked on my MQB, BRZ/GR86 & ND2 parts.

Then it’s a no brainer to stick with me on 718 & 911 parts in the future haha

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

maybe then you'll start doing bracing parts lol

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3

maybe then you'll start doing bracing parts lol

Bracing parts I've seen engineered in a garage by a drunken teenager, so they shouldn't be too difficult to produce. Much less complicated than suspension parts. I will admit, I'd like my wife wants to get a 718 in the future for autocross/mild track things, but I think a Miata will carry us quite far, and the ND is new enough that we shouldn't be spending a ton on things breaking down, and should hold up just fine -- we're not trying to be national champions (well, I'm not), but we'd like to be competitive for a while and work on honing our skills.

I think it helps a ton that @GTI Jake is on the forum and frequently gives a pretty in-depth look at his process, which gives me a lot of confidence in the parts he produces. There were all sorts of things I didn't know when shopping for an exhaust before watching his videos, and they've honestly shaped many of my decisions on my GTI even to the degree that I've made a firm choice on direction of the car as a whole.

Last edited:

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
This particular car is getting a OEM+ Axle Back (2.5” w/4” single tip).

If a bunch of people want one, I’ll build more. If they don’t, it’ll be the only one.

I’m not chasing anything down, just started the ND2 conversion yesterday at noon.
Ah ok, I thought you might be trying to build a lineup like you have for the MQB cars. Maybe someday if you can get the word out to the Miata community.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ah ok, I thought you might be trying to build a lineup like you have for the MQB cars. Maybe someday if you can get the word out to the Miata community.

I doubt there’s much of a market for Miata parts further upstream, since N/A engines benefit a lot less from exhaust modifications.

If the demand is out there the possibilities are endless, but I’m never going to spend the money to develop parts I don’t already have sold