GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Fixed my head light coding for flash to pass, somehow light function 'A' was set wrong awhile ago

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Finally flashed the EQT dsg file i bought in Nov. Hard to tell since i drive in M only, but feels like this tune is better than the Unitronic one i had before. Less jerky, more responsive.
I love mine

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
2018 Golf R 575XX on the car- last VW Care coverage from the original owner. Called out my struts in the front sound like a top hat is loose or bearing issue. Being covered under warranty!

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I agree the ECS brace could’ve just been notched, they simply didn’t account for how tightly tucked to the chassis my exhaust parts are (no droopy boi systems here).

Here’s a wide angle under the wife’s GLI for mid day brainstorming fuel.

View attachment 281246View attachment 281246
How much space do you have on the GLI? Looks like the V-Band is closer to the brace location than on the GTI. Is the GLI that much different than the GTI that you couldn't use the mid section from the GTI? I thought the main difference between both was from the rear axle back?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
How much space do you have on the GLI? Looks like the V-Band is closer to the brace location than on the GTI. Is the GLI that much different than the GTI that you couldn't use the mid section from the GTI? I thought the main difference between both was from the rear axle back?
The only similar part between the GTI & GLI is the midpipe, which still isn’t interchangeable between the two.

The floor of the GLI hangs significantly lower so that muffler section is completely different (v band would hang too low if it was after the control arms).

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Lately, shifting into first gear has been a little off. A few times after coming to a stop, it would give me a hard time putting into gear. I decided to adjust the linkage and so far shifting into all gears has been a lot smoother. While I was in there, I decided to remove the delay valve, and kick myself for not doing this sooner.

Would it be worth taking it a step further and replacing the clutch hoses with a stainless steel line?

PXL_20230522_151818448.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Lately, shifting into first gear has been a little off. A few times after coming to a stop, it would give me a hard time putting into gear. I decided to adjust the linkage and so far shifting into all gears has been a lot smoother. While I was in there, I decided to remove the delay valve, and kick myself for not doing this sooner.

Would it be worth taking it a step further and replacing the clutch hoses with a stainless steel line?

View attachment 281500
I would.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Threw on my BBS RG-Rs on the new car. This set is pretty old and salty with some minor chips and rash unsure if I just want to roll with them like this or get them refinished which would cost a lot. The BBS Diamond Black paint finish is special and hard to replicate.
I would refinish/restore them, but I'm a wheel junkie and like nice wheels. I also have OCD and seeing the blemishes on them would drive me bonkers lol.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
If you drive in D, but i wouldn't know since i drive in M.

My only complaint, and not sure if it's limited to EQT, is that when driving in manual mode and at partial throttle, the shifts are relatively delayed. When applying heavy throttle however, the shifts are super quick and crisp. I just wish it was the same when I'm not dogging the car.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Maybe its motivation to drive faster lol.
j/k.. I would complain too as that would annoy the crap out of me.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Did a track day with OnGrid at The Ridge Motorsports Park on Saturday. This was my 4th time on track (all at The Ridge so far) and first time with OnGrid. Got 6 15-20 minute sessions over the whole day. I was in the beginner run group based on my prior experience. Planning to bump up a run group for my next event to avoid the big trains of cars.

Got to meet up with @DevinMK7 and do some ride alongs which was awesome! Riding with Devin really helped me understand where I could push the car harder in later sessions. My best time of the day was a 2:04.13 during session #4 which I'm pretty happy with considering last year my best was a 2:12. It was my first time running my new track setup of 17x9 Apex SM-10 with 245/40/17 Hankook RS4 which made a huge difference (previously ran Firehawk Indy 500's).

Overall the car did well. I did have to watch oil temps and do a cool down lap as they would get into the 260's after a few laps. Seems like an oil cooler is in my future. Only other issue I had is an EPC light in session #5 where I pulled a code for "P2563/39FE Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance." Didn't notice any difference in drivability, just saw the light on the dash and then took it easy back to the paddock. Turned the car on and off which cleared the EPC and didn't have this issue again in the next session or on the drive home. Fingers crossed it's not an indicator of a larger issue.

Video of my best lap:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
My only complaint, and not sure if it's limited to EQT, is that when driving in manual mode and at partial throttle, the shifts are relatively delayed. When applying heavy throttle however, the shifts are super quick and crisp. I just wish it was the same when I'm not dogging the car.
I've noticed that it depends on how hard i press in partial. Had the same behavior with Unitronic.